Page 167 of 189 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1889
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array nikosa43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    WOW, that is massive frequency from that CPU! Get the CPU only on the chiller and lower the water temp as you can... pay attention to the dew point!
    +1. To avoid condensation try to lower as much as you can the room temperature. If you have an air-conditioner run it on lower temp and if possible make it blow on your bench. Try to have the minimum possible temp difference between chiller's temp and ambient. That will give you more flexibility and less chance to see waterdrops on your waterblock.

^ all this expert talk o.O

You guys tuning your system for a benchmark rather than longtime use, kinda makes me wanna give it a go. I believe I have a very good CPU and I am sure some extremist would beat me for using an air cooler on this gem (I might be completly off here xD )
    Wondering if 1.5V would fry it or if it would shut down automatically if it gets hot?

Anyways, after the last attempt I kept playing around all night, always trying to say below 70 degrees. I was able to get 690 with Memory speeds slightly higher at 1672MHz and a core ratio of 45 and a base clock of 104.5 . However, I haven't been able to go anywhere above that, nor have I been able to replicate the score. The closest I got with the same settings was 670. Any last tips or ideas to optimize? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RB 670 45 104.5.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	304.4 KB 
ID:	25101

Btw. ...HOLY ****, Menthol 0.0

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array nikosa43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F41LH34D View Post
    ^ all this expert talk o.OYou guys tuning your system for a benchmark rather than longtime use, kinda makes me wanna give it a go. I believe I have a very good CPU and I am sure some extremist would beat me for using an air cooler on this gem (I might be completly off here xD ) Wondering if 1.5V would fry it or if it would shut down automatically if it gets hot? Anyways, after the last attempt I kept playing around all night, always trying to say below 70 degrees. I was able to get 690 with Memory speeds slightly higher at 1672MHz and a core ratio of 45 and a base clock of 104.5 . However, I haven't been able to go anywhere above that, nor have I been able to replicate the score. The closest I got with the same settings was 670. Any last tips or ideas to optimize? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RB 670 45 104.5.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	304.4 KB 
ID:	25101Btw. ...HOLY ****, Menthol 0.0
    All the tips and tweaks we found out from this thread are listed here : http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status= . Tuning your system to run a benchmark gives you the satisfaction of achieving a good score, but the real gain comes during the trip. You learn things about your system, or your OS that you could never learn other way, because simply you wouldn't imagine were there. I am still running on air and no extremist tried to beat me . If you overvolt watch your temps. No damage will happen if you are not disable any protections that throttles CPU or Mosfets from BIOS settings.

Quote Originally Posted by nikosa43 View Post
    All the tips and tweaks we found out from this thread are listed here : http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status= . Tuning your system to run a benchmark gives you the satisfaction of achieving a good score, but the real gain comes during the trip. You learn things about your system, or your OS that you could never learn other way, because simply you wouldn't imagine were there. I am still running on air and no extremist tried to beat me . If you overvolt watch your temps. No damage will happen if you are not disable any protections that throttles CPU or Mosfets from BIOS settings.
    I visited that post earlier tonight and I think changing the priority gave me some 10 points. I just did some test around 4.8GHz but no luck, always BSOD. I am quite desperate to crack 700 but since the 690 earlier I only got 683 with top temps above 70 :-/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RB 683 104.7x45.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	25102

For any future users with a 4770K that want low temps, start out where I am leaving it now and work your way up from there:
    Base Clock: 104.5
    Core Ratio: x45
    Vcore: 1.25V

It is intersting to see samuel get over 800 with his 4770k at the same speed I get my highest score, but with much faster memory. If I ever find a cheap, fast kit, I'll return to take over Muahahaha :P
    But for now I really need my 32 gigs

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

F41LH34D .. did you read this ?? Maximus VI Series UEFI Guide For OverClocking ?
    Open CpuZ twice with memory timings .. tells a whole lot more. imho.c.

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Menthol! excellent work as well! Great CPU!!

New ROGer Array

516----- Poppeye ----- AMD FX-8350 ----- 4355MHz ----- 16GB@2395------ Crosshair V Formula
    i just beat my 502 from last time
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	realbench5162.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	25108

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by nikosa43 View Post
    I am going to hold you to that. If I fry something, I am going to hunt your ass down and see if square things do fit in round holes.
    GUTS: Rampage IV Formula (4004) / Intel 3930K / 16GB Dominator Platinum 2400mhz / Corsair NeutronGT 240GB SSD / 2X EVGA GTX680 4GB 2-Way SLI / Corsair AX1200i PSU / Genesis 9000B Case

WATER: Watercool HeatKiller REV3.0 - CPU / 2X Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 - GPUs / 1X XSPC RX240 rad / 1X EK Coolstream 480 rad / XSPC Dual Rez / MCP355 Pumps / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    F41LH34D .. did you read this ?? Maximus VI Series UEFI Guide For OverClocking ?
    Open CpuZ twice with memory timings .. tells a whole lot more. imho.c.
    I completely skipped that because I have a Sabertooth. I think the title should read "Asus MoBo Guide for overclocking"

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Poppeye .. nice jump. what made the difference ?

F41' .. I think the principles would be the same even if the mb's arent .. they are both haswell based yes ? c.

Page 167 of 189 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast