Page 139 of 189 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1889
  1. #1381
    ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    199
    Posts
    8,358

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    What timings and DRAM voltage are you using for 2333MHz?
    For me the 2333MHz goes with VDIMM = 1.78V and the tight PSC timings: 7-11-7-28/1T...
    (on the 1600MHz/CL6 1.6V kit)

  2. #1382
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    77

    Hello guys,

    Recently I did my very first attempt to OC and with RealBench I had a decent score (725). Anyway it appeared to be not stable under windows8. I also experienced tons of other problems while on W8 and after a few days of tweaking I descided to go back to W7 which appears to be a good
    choice afterwards.

    My point is, I dont think my score (725) can be seen as something I'm proud of so I came up with a few questions just to make sure my next OC attempts are getting better if not stable!

    1) Do I need to run Prime95 atleast for 24 hours? If so does it need to load my cpu at 100% the entire 24 hours?
    2) My RAM is G.SKill Trident- X and it runs standard at 2400Mhz, but is it true to downgrade this to about 1866Mhz ish?

    I hope I'm not asking silly questions as I'm pretty new to all this.

    Greetings,

    Crimsonomega

  3. #1383
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chrisnyc75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    63
    Posts
    413

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    What timings and DRAM voltage are you using for 2333MHz?
    2333 9-11-11-27 @ 1.64v (I think? Not at home to check right now, and I don't remember the secondary/tertiary settings, but I entered them all precisely per the XMP 2133 settings). I might be able to reduce the voltage a notch or two (it's rated for 1.5v @2133), I didn't really mess with it much once I confirmed that it was stable. Being on a partially locked 3820 I found it challenging to get my ram oc AND my cpu oc where I wanted them simultaneously. I can run either one separately at tighter settings & lower voltage, but for some reason they get stubborn when I put it all together.
    Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
    2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
    EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
    XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
    Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120


  4. #1384
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chrisnyc75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    63
    Posts
    413

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonomega View Post
    Hello guys,

    Recently I did my very first attempt to OC and with RealBench I had a decent score (725). Anyway it appeared to be not stable under windows8. I also experienced tons of other problems while on W8 and after a few days of tweaking I descided to go back to W7 which appears to be a good
    choice afterwards.

    My point is, I dont think my score (725) can be seen as something I'm proud of so I came up with a few questions just to make sure my next OC attempts are getting better if not stable!

    1) Do I need to run Prime95 atleast for 24 hours? If so does it need to load my cpu at 100% the entire 24 hours?
    2) My RAM is G.SKill Trident- X and it runs standard at 2400Mhz, but is it true to downgrade this to about 1866Mhz ish?

    I hope I'm not asking silly questions as I'm pretty new to all this.

    Greetings,

    Crimsonomega
    As some of the more seasoned experts here explained to me recently, you do NOT need to "cook" your cpu with a synthetic bechmark like Prime95. RealBench is based on real world tasks and will expose any weakness in your oc much faster and with less time/heat.

    You're stable if you can run RealBench x3 with no errors, Cinebench x3 with no errors, HyperPi to 16M digits, & Unigen Heaven. Throw in 15 minutes of Prime95 if you want that extra peace of mind, but in my experience (very recently) Prime95 was giving me errors and crashing after an hour or two even when everything else told me my system was rock solid. If real world stress & multitasking are solid, Prime95 isn't something you'll ever use/do anyway. It's like that old joke "I said doctor, it hurts when I do this. The doctor said, then don't do that."
    Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
    2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
    EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
    XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
    Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120


  5. #1385
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    339
    Posts
    15,255

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnyc75 View Post
    2333 9-11-11-27 @ 1.64v (I think? Not at home to check right now, and I don't remember the secondary/tertiary settings, but I entered them all precisely per the XMP 2133 settings). I might be able to reduce the voltage a notch or two (it's rated for 1.5v @2133), I didn't really mess with it much once I confirmed that it was stable. Being on a partially locked 3820 I found it challenging to get my ram oc AND my cpu oc where I wanted them simultaneously. I can run either one separately at tighter settings & lower voltage, but for some reason they get stubborn when I put it all together.
    See if you can push it to 2400MHz with 1.7V.

  6. #1386
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array nikosa43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    73
    Posts
    1,014

    Samual, that was really a shooting ..... besides you don't let Z to bench for other staff ;-)

  7. #1387
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chrisnyc75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    63
    Posts
    413

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    See if you can push it to 2400MHz with 1.7V.
    I can't, because I had to adjust BCLK up to 125 strap because the 3820 is locked at x43 (i'm using 125 x 38 = 4.75). The next ram step above 2333 at this BCLK is 2666, which I have a feeling won't work. But I'll try it at 1.7 tonight and see if I have any luck. Thanks for the tip
    Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
    2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
    EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
    XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
    Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120


  8. #1388
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Score ----- User ----- CPU ----- Clock Speed ----- Memory Size/Speed ------ Motherboard[/size]

    600-------UnoBorg---I5-3570k---4400Mhz-------16GB @ 1866------------Maximus IV Extreme-Z

    Damn this is "not a good score "I need help" lol

    ASUS MAXIMUS IV-EXTREME-Z
    ASUS GEFORCE GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD5 X2 SLI
    Cooler Master HYPER 612S CPU COOLER
    G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual Kit - Red "F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL" X2
    Core i5-3570K CPU "Running @ 4.5 (4.4 for this test) As voltage just went over 1.308 which i didn't like.
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case
    COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 850W 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
    SEAGATE Momentus XT ST750LX003 2.5" internal hard drive 750 GB + 8 GB SSD memory
    Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capture.JPG  

    Last edited by UnoBorg; 08-05-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Image not attached..

  9. #1389
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Reputation
    354
    Posts
    25,742

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnyc75 View Post
    I can't, because I had to adjust BCLK up to 125 strap because the 3820 is locked at x43 (i'm using 125 x 38 = 4.75). The next ram step above 2333 at this BCLK is 2666, which I have a feeling won't work. But I'll try it at 1.7 tonight and see if I have any luck. Thanks for the tip
    You should be able to work with your BCLK mate, and that will get you to the 2400MHz with ease I think. Oh and as a bonus your frequency will be higher. The multi can be dropped down to 35 x 132 for testing if you prefer.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

  10. #1390
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array samual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    287

    849 --- samual --- 3770k --- 5145 MHz --- 16g@2520 MHz --- Maximus V Formula

    Tried hard but could not break 850. Have to wait for the weekend for another attempt.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	849-bench.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	24613
    x99-pro/3.1 | i7-5820k | 16gb gskils 3000 | Nvidia gtx 980 ti | 512gb SM950 Pro | Predator 360 AIO | ASUS PA248Q | Seasonic Platnium 1000w

Page 139 of 189 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •