cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i7 4770k vs i7 3770, which is better???

RedStorm
Level 7
:confused:
i should buy the maximus v formula and the i7 3770k or wait for the 4770k and the maximus vi formula????
please answer :confused: :confused: :confused:
Next Build :cool:
-intel core i7 4770k
-R.O.G. Maximus VI Formula
-G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz 16GB
-Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum
-Corsair AX860
-CM Storm Trooper
-CM Storm Inferno gaming mouse
-Krator 60W gaming system
-Tt Esports Challenger PRO gaming keyboard
-FullHD 3D LCD 120Hz 2ms ACER gaming monitor
-X2 WD Velociraptor 1TB
-SSD 1 R.O.G. Raidr Express 240GB
-SSD 2 Samsung 840 500GB
30 REPLIES 30

HiVizMan
Level 40
Go with the new tech - the 4770K and the Maximus VI range is awesome.

PS: Thank you for fixing your sig 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

JDRhoads
Level 7
I AM REALLY PISSED AT THIS! I just bought a 3770k just a couple months ago and was excited about it. I bought a brand new Motherboard with the 1155 slot specifically so I could keep up to date with the latest processor sockets in 1155. Now they come out with a new model i7 ALREADY and have ALREADY CHANGED THE SOCKET AGAIN TO 1150? It is such an asshole move and it makes buying motherboards with "longer lifespans" pointless to the enthusiast gamer............
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Motherboard : Asus Maximus V Formula
Processor : Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz Turbo boosted to 3.9Ghz
Video : EVGA Geforce GTX 780 ACX Cooler Edition
Memory : 16gb @ 1866

Hard drives : 120gb SSD (Primary)
750gb (secondary)
500gb (secondary)

JDRhoads wrote:
I AM REALLY PISSED AT THIS! I just bought a 3770k just a couple months ago and was excited about it. I bought a brand new Motherboard with the 1155 slot specifically so I could keep up to date with the latest processor sockets in 1155. Now they come out with a new model i7 ALREADY and have ALREADY CHANGED THE SOCKET AGAIN TO 1150? It is such an asshole move and it makes buying motherboards with "longer lifespans" pointless to the enthusiast gamer............

1st off dude, take a chill pill and 2nd, we've known about Haswell pretty much all year so you really have nothing to be pissed about, it always happens and it's always going to happen.

JDRhoads
Level 7
I am pretty chill actually! 😃 I am just heavily expressing my views. In all honesty the thing that aggravates me in this business is that they play off the idea that they make all these new inventions on a yearly basis. When in actuality two things happen. The first being that they were already long aware of the "new" technology (such as Haswell) during the release of the three series processors. The second thing they do is slightly change new technology from previous technology when they can't really come up with an upgrade and sell it off as "better." The differences between some new and "old" technology are very unimportant at times and has more to do with sales. Such CONSTANTLY changing socket sizes so people have to buy new boards as well. Profit.

750gb (secondary)
500gb (secondary)

JDRhoads wrote:
I am pretty chill actually! 😃 .... Such CONSTANTLY changing socket sizes so people have to buy new boards as well. Profit.

Nah that is not accurate. You are not thinking this through. 🙂

The entire way that PC's work has changes so much in the last 4 years. New motherboards are needed to accommodate the changes in the processors. Yeah that does mean folks need to change motherboards to have the latest hardware.

So lets plot some of the changes. Motherboards needed North and South bridges to allow all the hardware to talk to the CPU.
IMC managment is on the CPU = new motherboard
SATA control is on the CPU
USB control is on the CPU
PCIe control is on the CPU
VRM control is on the CPU

And the list goes on. 😛

No such thing as future proof in PC's my friend none at all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL JDRhoads

Sadly hardware changes every year dude. That is what it is all about.

Intel have two streams, the enthusiast market which changes slower, just think X58 three years old before X79 which is now in its second year and you understand what I mean.

Then they have the mainstream products, and they change often. We have had 1156, 1155 and now 1150 in four years.

Mainstream have outperformed the enthusiast products clock for clock but lets not hate on Intel for making a good mainstream product no shall we.

Just to put it in perspective, Haswell released yesterday right, well we are already talking about the next processor. That means next years new cpu range. Broadlake and then Skylake after that. The nature of the beast dude.

JDRhoads
Level 7
Then why is government (and sometimes military) computer technology on average always 10 years ahead of the civilian populations products if some improvements aren't pre-planned. Many engineers at boeing and NASA (in the family and otherwise) agree from their experiences that processing power that we receive, such as the i7's at 4.7GHz + was the same technological processing power they were at roughly ten and sometimes fifteen years ago..

750gb (secondary)
500gb (secondary)

HiVizMan
Level 40
You think so? All good then but that is most certainly not my experience.

JDRhoads
Level 7
I don't simply think so. But at the same time do you think a nuclear missile has the capability to pinpoint its drop within a 10 meter radius while constantly adapting to environmental variables all on its own without processing ability beyond what we currently possess in the public? I know the example is a bit extreme but its case in point.

750gb (secondary)
500gb (secondary)