Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    Oh, a pc is never finished for me... important is that is functional!

The Matrix Plats never been $900! Maybe that guy has waterblocks on them... or he just tries to make some business knowing that those cards are hard to find...
    No blocks as far as I saw, just brand new unused cards and yes, i agree he's probably full of it becausr you can't get em any more. I was gonna leave a comment on the page and tell him he's a bit on the full of it side

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    Thanks, guys!
    @ Chris: You can bench on the AMD system too, of course! But for me Intel systems brings more points...
    I was just hav'n some fun with ya brother, of course it OC's, it's ROG.
    And of course the ~choke~ 'intels' bring more points, that's what they do .. they just don't do anything else 'better'. hahhaa .imho.

No matter .. I will smile everyday knowing that that is sitting on your desk while the 'intels' are strapped to a bench for
    torment .. "give me numbers !!! SCREAM !!!" ... hahhahahha ... Cudos.c.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

AMD brings just as many points if you are in the top 3
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    AMD brings just as many points if you are in the top 3
    Are you specifically mean certain benchmarks? I was meaning TOTAL points you can get with a hardware... Yes, the 2D benchmarks in the respective AMD category gives you a lot of points too... - but then think about the 3D benchmarks... that's where the AMD systems loose a lot of points...

But, hey, this is not an AMD vs Intel debate! My personal experience showed that I can get more successful with the Intel in benchmarking... it's not meaning that I'm right... just I may not have enough experience yet... And the most important: I still have that hardware! In couple hours can switch the mobo and CPU back to the TestBench...

Don't you dare !!! hahahhahahaa

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Adhy Dharma FN's Avatar

nice pic, great case. It's wonderful

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Giannis996 PC Specs
    Giannis996 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Macbook Pro Mid 2014
    MotherboardAsus Rapage IV Extreme Black
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4820K
    Memory (part number)32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX Titan
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX Titan
    MonitorAsus VK278
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCoolermaster V850
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
    Mouse Razer Deathadder
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1
    OS Windows 10

awesome buld but theres always space for some imrpivements ..i havnt find any..just saying ..do something that fit your style like colorful sleeves for cables
    Project Name: System Specs:
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
    Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
    Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
    *Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
    Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
    SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
    HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB

Thanks, Giannis996 - of course, there is always space for some more improvements!

The cable sleeving is a very good idea... however, I first have to make some hardware improvements first... - regarding the cables, I think, the best way is to cut them exactly at the lengths I need... as it is right now, there are too many cables in the bottom compartment (fortunately you can not see those)...

I had this ROG Desktop for my work needs beside my regular Mac systems... it was working perfectly, but the Autumn Follies came...

I wanted to participate in the Challenge with an AMD system mainly because I knew that my OC'ing skills on that platform aren't very strong... since there was a CPU cap set pretty low, it seemed OK to start with an air-cooling setup:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zka17AMD 1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	638.8 KB 
ID:	29326

Name:	Zka17AMD 2.jpg 
Size:	567.8 KB 
ID:	29327

Name:	Zka17AMD 3.jpg 
Size:	607.4 KB 
ID:	29328

All was good until the CPU cap was raised - not complaining about it at all, but the air-cooling started to show some limits... not so much on the CPU, but the NB and VRMs did not get enough air...

So, just came up with the idea of using my old H100 for the CPU and get a fan blowing on the NB/VRM heatsink:

Name:	Zka17AMD 2v2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	630.3 KB 
ID:	29330

Name:	Zka17AMD 3v2.jpg 
Size:	612.6 KB 
ID:	29331

Interestingly, my CPU temp was improved too... seems that the Noctua NH-D14 didn't get enough air in the original setup... the H100 was setup with it's two original fans in push and got two Enermax magma for pull... the San Ace blowing directly on the NB/VRM heatsink did a great job!

With this cooling I was able to learn a lot about my AMD setup... - although the pump of the H100 started to behave very strangely... the two original H100 fans at max blast could not cover that awful grinding noise produced by the pump... and that noise was louder and louder every day...

And then it came the time with no CPU cap... - turned out that my H100 isn't at the top of the cooling at all... Did not get the time to upgrade the cooling during the Challenge, but I already decided: this system needs a custom loop!

So, I have started to think and look what parts I have... Found a 240mm and a 120mm Black Ice SR-1 rad which were unused since I got them... the CPU and mobo blocks were already in my possession too, matter of fact I already used them on this very same mobo... then I found a Bull's Eye reservoir which wasn't used before either...

Hardest thing was to found a pump and fittings... All my pumps were built in in my two TestBenches, so I have decided to take apart one of them - went with a single D5 (Swiftech's MCP655)... I really run out of my favorite 3/8 - 5/8 fittings, so I had to get back to my old 3/8 - 1/2 size... the only tubing for that was the Tygoon - not my favorite choice, but this is what I have now...

And here is my custom loop:

Name:	AMDonWater1.jpg 
Size:	668.1 KB 
ID:	29334

Name:	AMDonWater2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	764.0 KB 
ID:	29335

Name:	AMDonWater3.jpg 
Size:	656.4 KB 
ID:	29336

As it can be seen, the system isn't ready as of yet... neither is perfect... the Bull's Eye reservoir wasn't designed to be used in this vertical position - it was a pain to fill and bleed the loop... The tubing is so-so... From the pump to the 240mm rad I could manage it with no kinking, but from the CPU block to the 120mm rad already shows some kinking - still have flow, but looks ugly... However, the big time was spent on the leak proofing... some of the old fittings I had to use aren't up anymore to their tasks... as a temporary solution I used silicone gel and duct tape, but I won't sit completely relaxed near this system... right now it works though...

Now I just need to add the VGA and memories, then fire it up... really curious about the temps!
    Last edited by Zka17; 11-05-2013 at 11:10 AM.

I see you have new love and respect for V/AMD brother, Welcome to the Other Side.c.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast