cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1600x900 resolution = low quality?

cgren
Level 7
Hi, i was just wondering, since most G75 are 1920x1080's, how bout some of us still prefers 16:9 resolutions?

I tried going down to 1600x900 and it gives me a fuzzy or not so clear fonts and everything, is there a way to make this work just as sharp as the normal 1920x1080's?
4 REPLIES 4

ZeroBarrier
Level 10
No LCD/LED monitor will display any resolution as sharp or clear other than native.

ZeroBarrier wrote:
No LCD/LED monitor will display any resolution as sharp or clear other than native.

Actually I have the system with 900p screen and its full 1080p when you run a HDMI cord to an LCD TV. The TV says so when it recognizes the hook-up. I fly flights with Microsoft Flight Simulator X on the 50" TV at the local flight school i'm the chief ground school instructor for on my down time to entertain folks that don't fly.

xeromist
Note that 1920x1080 is a 16:9 aspect ratio just the same as 1600x900. So you do not have to scale down to achieve 16:9.

If you want to run a lower res for performance reasons it will be fuzzy because as Zero said non-native resolutions will never be as sharp as the 1:1 pixel native resolution on an LCD.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

DirkHardeck
Level 7
The gpu's in modern computers can handle up to 2560x1600, but regardless, you should be using the display's maximum resolution whenever possible...