cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They Listened to US!!!! ROG's 1st Mechanical Keyboard

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/04/asus-rog-armor-keyboard-gaming/

ASUS' ROG presentation here at Computex wasn't all meaty graphic powerhouses -- it also displayed a new mechanical keyboard for discerning gamers, albeit underneath a piece of black cloth. We were told that the temporarily named "Armor Keyboard" wasn't quite ready to show off its design just yet, but when it comes out towards the end of Q3 this year it will, surprisingly, boast the title of ASUS' first in-house-designed mechanical gaming keyboard. As you'd expect, this backlit device will feature "ultra-responsive" mechanical key switches, as well as dedicated media and programmable hot keys located along the periphery. We'll be keeping an eye out for more information about it later this year, naturally.
90 REPLIES 90

Chino wrote:
Asus never ceases to amaze me.

At the end of Q3, hopefully very early Q4 I will retire my Alienware TactX keyboard for one of these 😄

xeromist
I hope in-house-designed means the form but still uses Cherry switches. No need to reinvent the wheel when we already have a gold standard of performance and reliability.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

coyi1895
Level 10
Ooh? I am looking for a new keyboard, mechanical so I'm going to watch this space.

coyi1895 wrote:
Ooh? I am looking for a new keyboard, mechanical so I'm going to watch this space.

Q3 would be through September so assuming it's on schedule that will still be a while, FYI.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I can wait :D. I was looking at some recently and a good thing I held off.

Shawnnepc
Level 13
Ohhhhhhhhh!

I'm going to replace my Coolermaster kb for this 😄
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

X-ROG
Level 15
It's early in the design phase so the style/functionality could change.

With that in mind: LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WANT.

What MX keys? Red/Black/White/Clear? etc

What colors?

What functionality do you NEED?

I will collect and push push push our accessory team to adopt it. Obviously the more it changes the more time and cost it affects...

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:

What MX keys? Red/Black/White/Clear? etc <- black, mabye whit RGB back lit if possible??

What colors? <- how about a red and black sceeme on the keys and boars it self? WASD ( gaming keys ) can be red and the others black

What functionality do you NEED? <- well not menny mecanical KB's have play/stop/skip front/back, mute on them. ( from what i know ) and mabye 5-6 programable keys if that is a posibility?

this is just my toughts, the KB i have now ( G19 logitech ) have RGB backlit keys ( same color on all, no custom on the keys )
a switch for gaming and non gaming, and a few other things.