ROG Member Array

CPU Failure? %0 CPU usage? Speccy doesn't update temps?

My specs

Sli GTX 680 2GB
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
    Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
    Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD 256GB
    MAXIMUS V FORMULA Motherboard

So I had the problem with %0 CPU usage when I first built this PC but it only happened once it started reading something from the HDD that was faulty, so I returned it and got a new one. It's been working fine for a couple weeks now, but yesterday I noticed that Speccy doesn't update the temps of my hardware anymore, it just stays and I have to close and reopen the program for it to show the updated temps, the only temps that updates constantly is the CPU and one of the HDDs but the GPUs, MOBO, and other hard drives take like 4 minutes to update. I've tried different types of of temp monitoring software and they all seem to work fine, I remember Speccy updating fast when I first built this, the only time Speccy uses the CPU is when it starts then it goes back to %0 CPU usage from Speccy, could it be that Speccy isn't getting CPU power that's why it's not updating? Also my torrent downloads have completely decreased, my internet speed is 60mb/s I used to download stuff at 3-4mb, now they barely get to 1mb even with the ones that have like 5000 seeds. I doubt is my connection because of steam the games download at 6mb-7mb/s.

Is anyone else having this problem? is Speccy suppose to be like this now, a friend of mine says he kinda has the same problem, speccy doesn't update for him constantly and it takes like a minute to update, could it be the CPU not working properly? but if it were a faulty CPU wouldn't that mean the whole system wouldn't work? I already tried memtest, left it there for 7 hours and it had 4 pass and no errors, my system works fine, no freezes, no BSOD, it just seems weird the sudden change of speeds and Speccy not working properly, I just need to know if anyone if having the same problem as me, or if this is normal so I can stop being all paranoid.

By the way, all my components used to update on Speccy, now it's only the CPU and the first HDD, the rest don't change unless I wait 4 minutes or so.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

I never used Speccy, but I do know that if you have multiple monitoring applications, then most likely you will end up with misreadings...

So, do you have any other monitoring softwares?

ROG Member Array

No, I don't. Speccy is all I used. I tried another programs and they all worked fine, Speccy seems not to work properly anymore, I need to know if it's something wrong with my computer or if it's like this since the new update.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Well, then get rid off Speccy and use something else...

ROG Member Array

But I wanna know if it's something wrong from my end so I can fix it, or if it's happening to everyone.

must be speccy since all the other programs did work?

ROG Member Array

Yeah all of them worked.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I suggest you use HWmonitor it is freeware and a great tool for monitoring your system. I use the stand alone version that does not require installation. Has a low overhead and works.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.