cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help picking the best wifi card for G75VW

superman2k2
Level 9
Hello I have n Asus G75VW and I need to upgrade the crappy Wifi card I have. I need to know the BEST card I can get for MMORPG games that will work with the laptop. Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

Quasimodem
Level 10
Bigfoot Killer-N

Check their website, they have bluetooth, and non-bluetooth models.
G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi

Djask
Level 7
Honestly you wouldn't tell the difference, even if you get faster speeds. If you still want to buy one, I'd recommend the Intel® Ultimate N WiFi Link 6300 a/g/n 3x3 or the Killer™ Wireless-N 1202 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO.
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate

Djask wrote:
Honestly you wouldn't tell the difference, even if you get faster speeds. If you still want to buy one, I'd recommend the Intel® Ultimate N WiFi Link 6300 a/g/n 3x3 or the Killer™ Wireless-N 1202 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO.

6300 has drivers issues, I dealt with it for a year, and switch to Bigfoot
G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi

rewben
Level 13
if you needed bluetooth, get killer 1202; or else get killer 1103.

tkolarik
Level 9
I have the Intel Centrino Ultimate N-6235. It has Bluetooth 4.0 and can receive 2 streams on either 2.4 or 5 ghz band. Not had a single problem with drivers but you must uninstall the Atheros ones first. The 6300 has 3-streams but you give up Bluetooth. And with the crappy sound system in the G75, I use my Bluetooth headset all the time. Djask is wrong if you have the BestBuy version. It doesnt allow 40mhz channel bonding widths, and you will notice the difference!!!

tkolarik wrote:
I have the Intel Centrino Ultimate N-6235. It has Bluetooth 4.0 and can receive 2 streams on either 2.4 or 5 ghz band. Not had a single problem with drivers but you must uninstall the Atheros ones first. The 6300 has 3-streams but you give up Bluetooth. And with the crappy sound system in the G75, I use my Bluetooth headset all the time. Djask is wrong if you have the BestBuy version. It doesnt allow 40mhz channel bonding widths, and you will notice the difference!!!

i have the same 6235 as tko - runs smooth, definitely make sure you uninstall everything related to atheros. hopefully going to test the speeds under a new router soon

edit: while were on it, anyone know when the half high AC cards are going to be released?

Djask
Level 7
You'll notice somewhat of a difference, maybe.......
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate

So guess I have to upgrade as well. I just redid my business with a asus router with 2.4 and 5 ghz and im sure it will not be much of a noticeable difference but the point of buying a expensive gaming laptop is for the best of the best. For it to not come with it was depressing to find out. This is my second one and im very happy with my purchase other than finding out this little factor.

jose_chox
Level 7
can I also upgrade my wifi-card my model is G75V, thanks