cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop power button from blinking? (G46VW)

Djask
Level 7
Ok so this is nothing like a major issue or anything but when I first got my laptop, the power LED would blink in short intervals, which I assumed was normal. Now the power LED is flashing and so is the power button. Now this isn't causing any major issues, and I assumed it was something to do with the motherboard? Anyway, TIA to anyone who helps. How do I stop the blinking, on the power button?

EDIT: It seems that sometimes when the laptop is on, the power button isn't.
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate
4 REPLIES 4

Pitcher1
Level 9
is it you power button light broke? i suggest you send service center to check.

dstrakele
Level 14
If I were in your situation, I'd press F2 at startup to enter the BIOS and see if the blinking power button issue persists there. This would indicate it is not an OS or software issue. I would restore the BIOS setting defaults and then Save & Exit to see if it eliminates the problem. If this fails, it is likely a hardware issue. I would also confirm the outlet you're using is properly grounded.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Do you mean the LEDs are flashing when the lid is closed? If so then this is normal behavior when your computer is in sleep mode.

Djask
Level 7
Ok, maybe my question was obscure but I got it solved now. Thanks 😄
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate