cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THX Causing SLI in game issues

TheBoatswain
Level 7
I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue I'm having, that is video dropping completely out in Game play. I have the RIVF board which has the SupremeFX III built in 8 channels High DEF Audio CODEC. My issue is with THX operating in the background (not sure if I really need it for the full effect or not of the SupremeFX, during gaming or not) I will lose video while in SLI. When SLI is disabled no video issues are noted. I noticed that my issue was the THX when I went to install new drivers and I just could not get them to load because the THX program was running in the back ground. I shut THX program down and I could install the driver no problem and the SLI option appeared, before it would not. This reminded me of a chronic issue that Logitech had with one of their drivers for the G15 keyboard doing the same thing a few years back and they never could fix it so I refuse to use Logitech products any more. I bought this board for the sound and I was hoping someone out there has a fix for this or can explain what is going on or do I need the THX software to be running to get the SupremeFX III to work?
I just edited my post because it was a bit confusing; the pain meds were really affecting my way of thinking. Please help.
Theboatswain
Asus Rampage VI Apex, Intel X9 7900X, Gskill 3600, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SLI, 4 SSD, 1 M.2 SSD
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey Bo's'un,

Sorry buddy but nobody seems to have a fix or suggestions for this one. Have you had any luck in the meantime with anything?

Wish I had meds as an excuse for my way of thinking:rolleyes::D

HiVizMan
Level 40
Sorry buddy not able to replicate so no able to offer any solutions beyound the obvious.

Re-install each driver again.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

TheBoatswain
Level 7
Thanks,
But I tried the drivers re install, completely removed the THX driver and that I had it all good to go and last night while I was playing it did it again. I think it may be a STEAM thing now. Ever since our games went to STEAM and ORGIN I hate online and single player gaming anymore. But I refuse to buy an XBOX because I my grandson lives and breathes that thing and he is only 3.
Asus Rampage VI Apex, Intel X9 7900X, Gskill 3600, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SLI, 4 SSD, 1 M.2 SSD

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmmm I wonder about that...STEAM should not affect you at all...the game is running off your hard drive not off the cloud.

What hardware are you running Bo's'un? OCd CPU or GPU......what RAM exactly? What game?