cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus Hero ROG - Supreme FX Question

Wesker
Level 7
Hello,

I recently purchased a Asus Maximus Hero which comes on board with the new version of SupremeFX which offers some interesting software such as the Sonic Radar. But what I am wondering is, how does it compare with a Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 which is cheap and old discrete sound card?

I know that onboard sound usually never comes close to this card, but with all extra work put into the new SupremeFX, I am wondering has the gap been bridged?

Thanks for your time.
9 REPLIES 9

kkn
Level 14
too new and too erly to tell enny thing.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
You're going to have to test it out and let us know please. You're the 1st member to post here with a Max VI board, so please do give us your impressions too 🙂

Damn. lol. I thought I would have best luck here.

My mobo won't be here until mid week. Just staring at my shiny 4770k box here... 😄

I am not all that familiar with sound cards, I may not even be able to tell the difference, but I will try my best 😮

SUKARA
Level 10
Sonic Radar is a sound card through sound localization for certain features to make the game
So can clearly know where the sound source, and can make the sound switched (example: gunshots, footsteps, or environmental sounds)
More immersive feeling!!
for your reference~

Hazorazor
Level 7
Ive got the Maximus VI Hero and from my use of it seems no big different really to the quality of sound from my ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z86 Board Supprisingly only difference is maybe slight quality increase and shiny new ROG Realtek Driver. But all in all really happy with my ASUS Board.

Edit: Just tested it with headphones at full volume and no static !!! Very happy 😄 But does EAX work with the supreme fx on the hero because I thought it did but doesnt want to be enabled in games which support it.

WeaponX
Level 7
Sonic Radar is really bad at filtering ambient noise though. It can't really decipher between footsteps etc. It's almost useless imo unless I'm missing some setting or something.

Been a while since I posted this, but I just wanted to say I was pleased with the stock sound card and never bothered to try the Asus Xonar DGX 5.1.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers Wesker thanks for reporting back mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Anusha
Level 7
I used to have a Creative X-Fi Titanium card in my old setup. I didn't install it in my new rig and I am currently using the integrated SupremeFX audio. The only different that I feel is that now I have to increase the speaker volume a little bit more to get the same audio output as before. Other than that, I'm not missing the old audio card. However, I'm no audiophile. Maybe others will feel a difference. The drivers have been very stable so far.