cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheat on my Asus N53JN

Retired
Not applicable
I have notebook Asus N53JN for 8 months.
At last two weeks it begin to work at 60C degree minimum. Even after it starts, without using any program.
I checked every thing:
- There is no processes working too hard (more than 85 for system idle process).
- No viruses (I have Kaspersky antivirus with last database with every day scanning).
- There was no damage for device.
- Using it only at home, only for internet and study (visual studio and sql server)
- The is no kids in the area, so no one plays around it...
- Twice tried to install Windows from zero (in the case the there was any problem...)

My system is Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
I have SpeedFan 4.44 and Core Temp 0.99 installed. It shows me overheat constantly... All the time it more than 60C...

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Have you sprayed a can of air into the vents? Dust and debris build up over time and reduce cooling efficiency.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Yes, I'd cleaned the vent.
I think, that win7 doesn't use the vent on his maximum capabilities...
When I use "Hiren CD" with win XP, the vent is working with x10 speed! And the temperature is normal.
But on win7 it works very slow.
And I can't understand what the problem... It started like a month ago.

xeromist
It could be that the CPU heat sink needs to be repasted and reseated. Is your machine still under warranty? It is possible to do this yourself but tedious.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Not good.
Thank you for the answer! That what I was thinking about.
But I have 2 problems:
1. I tried to repast it my self, but the cooling system is too difficult for me... It's not just a fan, that is placed on the processor. There two cooper pipes connected to the fan, and they are connected to processor, videochip, and chipset. I just can't remove the pipes safely myself... It's like they are build in on the mother board. Besides there is warranty stickers there...
2. The second problem is that I brought my notebook in Russia, at this moment I'am in Israel. And there is no official residence of Asus here. I talk to the IBM company, that gives the services to Asus, but they told me, that they are not working with my specific model of Asus... And they are not sure, that they can help. Even for money...
So it is like I stuck with my problem... 😞

xeromist
ASUS generally has a good warranty but you've found the one problem which is that not all of the ASUS service centers are under the same warranty plan. This means that for most people they will always have service but for people that travel between regions of the world they can find that they do not have a service center able to repair their model 😞 Will you be going back where you can have it serviced? If you will not return then I would ignore the warranty sticker (since it will not help you anyway) and have a local PC shop look at it.