cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DarthBeavis' New ROG LAN Build

DarthBeavis
Level 9
I decided I needed a new LAN rig as I am tired of lugging around Brimstone to LAN parties. Most of you know I normally use custom Danger Den cases which I still love dearly but this time I wanted to go back to my roots and mod a standard off the shelf case. After looking around I have selected the BitFenix Survivor:

The case theme will be . . .black and red of course for ROG. The first mod will be to cut a window. I will probably also create a radiator box which the case will either sit on or next to. Got a few really unique ideas along these lines that i do not want to share quite yet.
As for specs on the ASUS ROG mobo and GPU . . .stay tuned.
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Cool, I was curious about this one after you posted it over on the PDXLAN forums. I think a bottom mounted rad box (maybe along the lines of Trident?) would be a good addition.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

glenn_with_2_n_
Level 7
heres an idea for you to go on that might interest you for this project,

to start off, this case looks great because it promotes function with a clean look and looks like it can give a great array of setups

i noticed how the side of the case has a border with the side panel set in, along with wanting to cut a window you could make a custom slim low profile fit in.
heres a quick over lay, (if i had autocad i would have went all out, but PAINT will have to do! :p)
then the concept would be like one of the liquid motion toys pictured below
haha the idea just poped into my head so hey hope it was helpful
†he RoG Hell Spawn | GPU/ 2 x Matrix Platinum 580 GTX in SLI | MoBo/ Maximus IV Extreme-Z | CPU/ i7 2600k (Cooled by Corsair H60) | Case/ SilverStone FT-02 | Memory/ 16GB of Corsair Vengeance | PSU/ SilverStone 1200-G | OS/ Win7Ult | OS SSD's/ 2 x Corsair 60GB Force GT in RAID 0 | Game Storage/ 2 x WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD in RAID 0 | Media Storage/ 2TB WD HDD | Main Storage/ 256GB SSD | Sound Card/ Creative SB X-Fi Ti with Front Drive | Misc/ Sound Activated Lighting | ....well i'll be damned 😛

Cyrekk
Level 10
Man, I am really excited to see what you pull off with that! BitFenix has some really cool products. Keep us posted!
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS