cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help , G750 price .....

mehdi_moha
Level 8
Hi everybody

i'm so confused ... i also posted on here : http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33373-help-about-G750-...&country=&status=

please help me, i bought my g75vx two weeks ago ... why the g750 is cheaper than my g75vx 😞
17 REPLIES 17

adamsyes
Level 8
Well. that's tedious and typical marketing budget. the problem is that, usually they should lower the price of the old model since the new model is out. but for ASUS's case it is not.

it's something that has to be addressed, because this confuses many costumers.

Look at Macbooks, or alienware.
When a new model of the year comes out. the old one price tag drops for about 300-400$ less. since the new model retook the original price tag.

point is, where did you purchase the G75VX? and if that really bugs you. you can call ASUS for a complain, chances are they might not do much but if you just bought the G75VX, you can return it (within 30 days purchase from the retailer) and buy the G750 or ask for an exchange for a G750.

it's just a very poor marketing pricing of ASUS, they aren't paying attention, and I noticed this effects also other brands that tend to release new models to quickly every year.

faster models redesigns> unstable price tags and waste of many many many units storages.
I've work at a tech retailer. I remember when the G74SX came out, it was sitting at our shelves for many month until the price drops. because the G73 actually "somehow" had highter price tag EVEN if the hardware was outdated. when the G75VW came out, some G73 costed even more which didn't make sense. like I said ASUS isn't carrying much about this, since they will take the opportunity to take advantage to customers who do not have any clue about laptops spec. by no means I am not saying ASUS is bad, they are the best brand you can find. its just that they leave the G-Series SOO unchecked and have poor marketing decisions I swear

adamsyes wrote:
Well. that's tedious and typical marketing budget. the problem is that, usually they should lower the price of the old model since the new model is out. but for ASUS's case it is not.

it's something that has to be addressed, because this confuses many costumers.

Look at Macbooks, or alienware.
When a new model of the year comes out. the old one price tag drops for about 300-400$ less. since the new model retook the original price tag.

point is, where did you purchase the G75VX? and if that really bugs you. you can call ASUS for a complain, chances are they might not do much but if you just bought the G75VX, you can return it (within 30 days purchase from the retailer) and buy the G750 or ask for an exchange for a G750.

it's just a very poor marketing pricing of ASUS, they aren't paying attention, and I noticed this effects also other brands that tend to release new models to quickly every year.

faster models redesigns> unstable price tags and waste of many many many units storages.
I've work at a tech retailer. I remember when the G74SX came out, it was sitting at our shelves for many month until the price drops. because the G73 actually "somehow" had highter price tag EVEN if the hardware was outdated. when the G75VW came out, some G73 costed even more which didn't make sense. like I said ASUS isn't carrying much about this, since they will take the opportunity to take advantage to customers who do not have any clue about laptops spec. by no means I am not saying ASUS is bad, they are the best brand you can find. its just that they leave the G-Series SOO unchecked and have poor marketing decisions I swear

thank you so much for your kindly help and information

i'm on Iran and as you may knows , my country is on sanction . so i had to bough my g75vx from Dubai 😞 cause there is not any asus shop on my country . i was wait for 1 year to find a chance to buy g75vx ... and now , i never had chance ...

so now. what can i do 😞

is there any way to change my laptop with g750 from Iran ?!

mehdi.moha wrote:
thank you so much for your kindly help and information

i'm on Iran and as you may knows , my country is on sanction . so i had to bough my g75vx from Dubai 😞 cause there is not any asus shop on my country . i was wait for 1 year to find a chance to buy g75vx ... and now , i never had chance ...

so now. what can i do 😞

is there any way to change my laptop with g750 from Iran ?!

somebody please answer me 😞

KiwiG75
Level 7
G75 vx is of a better build quality than the G750. The G750 does not give you access to the cooling system and will be destined to overheat.

KiwiG75 wrote:
G75 vx is of a better build quality than the G750. The G750 does not give you access to the cooling system and will be destined to overheat.

thank you ,

how can i have direct access to my colling system ? is that really important ?

but what about CPU and GPU ?
the processors on G750 are more powerful that G75vx .

KiwiG75 wrote:

What?? On what evidence is this based on? There hasn't been a huge overheating epidemic of G46s has there? No.

The G750 has an evolved design - it's thinner, stronger and cools just as well with its dual fans.

With regards to any pricing - that's down to the distribution system and retailer to decide, as well as respective spec. There is not a single spec of the G75VW, and they can vary as much as $1000 with different configurations. The same goes for the various G750s too.

I've closed your other thread as it's on the same topic.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
What?? On what evidence is this based on? There hasn't been a huge overheating epidemic of G46s has there? No.

The G750 has an evolved design - it's thinner, stronger and cools just as well with its dual fans.

With regards to any pricing - that's down to the distribution system and retailer to decide, as well as respective spec. There is not a single spec of the G75VW, and they can vary as much as $1000 with different configurations. The same goes for the various G750s too.elpfddd

I've closed your other thread as it's on the same topic.

ok thank you .

but you didn't answered my question .
i asked my question on post#3 , please help me if you can .

thank you

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the cooling system at the moment, but two years down the track it will have a significant amount of dust in it. The main reason I bought the G75 was because of the easy-clean system.

Also, what would be cool on the next generation of notebooks would be a water cooling loop built into the cooling system, so when you have the machine planted on a desk you can just screw some pipes straight into the back and get better cooling.

From time to time you have to blow out the dust.

Speaking about evidence 😉 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bvGMZQDE3w