cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I get a BSOD with my CH V

Area_66
Level 11
Can you tell me what this is; I reboot and BSOD , I remove the OC and reset the BIOS, I have to use only 2 sticks
7 REPLIES 7

Praz
Level 13
I'd be looking at a possible faulty memory stick or a user configuration setting error. Until pushing the IMC to the extreme or running the memory out of spec 16GB is pretty much effortless on the C5F.

Prime95 running - Showing amount of memory used
click for larger image

Prime95 stopped - Showing time run and number of tests
click for larger image

Area_66
Level 11
Give me a break , I have those 16 gb install on my MSI board since last September, 0 issues.

MarkedOne wrote:
Give me a break with all that prime95 crap. I have those 16 gb install on my MSI board since last September, 0 issues. can you read .

Good luck then. 🙂

MarkedOne wrote:
Give me a break , I have those 16 gb install on my MSI board since last September, 0 issues.

Dude, in the world of electronics, ANYTHING can develop a fault, anytime, anywhere.... no exceptions !
AMD FX-8150 Stock
Custom water cooling
4Gig DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20
Asus Crosshair V Formula
Silverstone ST-1500 PSU
Corsair OBSIDIAN 800D
Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Logitech Z-5500D
2 x Sapphire 6950's
Asus VW246H 24" 16:9 - MAIN
Win 7 HP 64Bit

MarkedOne,

I had a similar problem with my 16gb of Corsair Vengeance memory. When I switched to one of the beta bios that Raja had posted for some reason it screwed up my default memory timings. I literally had to load an old bios, copy my timings down, load new bios and manually enter the timings. Hope this helps..

-Shannon
MB:Crosshair V CPU:1090T@4.1 Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance@1600 GPU:2x5970@850Core 1100Mem PSU:Corsair Pro Series Gold 1200
Storage:OS Drive 90GB Vertex 2 Games:160GB Agility 2 Pagefile\Temp:16GB Kingston Storage: 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda
Case: LIAN LI PC-A71F Monitors:26" Westinghouse and 24" HP both @1920X1200

Area_66
Level 11
Sorry for the bad mood Praz, the problem is that I just want a stable board with 16 gb of ram at stock, no OC , and it's look to me that I will have to boost the voltage to achieve it, now I start a tread to find the best ram to do it. But I will use this board later as WS , only after I have fished to play little bit but with 2 sticks of RAM.

Area_66
Level 11
I wake up at 5 am this morning read 5 times the stiky of Raja on CH V OC and I install a beeffy DH-14 and cranck the OC to 3,6 , with this time 1,6 volts on the RAM, I'm folding with it now, if everything go fine I will try to lower the Dram volts. Of course I disable this turbo stuff as it was again rising the core at 1,5v before I fold.