cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW-TZ swap screen

Lerzats
Level 7
Hello here,

I just bought an 3D capable screen from ebay to replace one of my laptop.
It work fine, but in windows i cant set it to 120Hz.
Is it possible to do such swap or the TZ will never become an 3DE?
5 REPLIES 5

jmhdj
Level 10
If it is 40pin lvds Connector on back then it is not 3d capable lcd screen. Which probably is as you didnt had 3d lcd before Upgrade which again means you have 40pins lvds Connector. To Upgrade to 3D screen you must change lvds cable and even motherboard to.

I heard about of 50pin connector for 3d capable lvds lcd. I bought this model on ebay and it supposed to be G73SW-3DE one. But now, with your information and what i have read about this, i think it wasn't.
Just another screen for spare parts.

Thanks for reply, i think i have to drop the idea of add 3D screen on my TZ, 3DE MB does not find easily on e-store.

jmhdj
Level 10
Ok. Anyway here are steps if you decide sometime to made Upgrade. Parts needed: 3D lcd With 50pin Connector, 50pin lvds cable (actualy it is embeded display port cable), motherboard With 3D internal Connector, Internal or external nvidia vision ir emitter. And on the top you should reflash Your gpu vbios to support New motherboard.

Lerzats
Level 7
For information, do you know the ID number of such motherboard, and where i can get the vBios file, if by any chance i can found some 3D MB on e-shop lower than the actual laptop price 🙂

jmhdj
Level 10
I really cant find part number now but i can easy see difference between them. #D motherboards have one extra Connector Close to cpu fan Connector it is almost same size as cpu fan Connector and it is for internal ir emitter. And second difference is that on 3D motherboard internal lcd Connector is soldered on top Place oposite to non 3D model whic has its Connector soldered right under.
hope that can help you if not then I can find exact part nr. for you.