cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Build Log] X7900D Corsair 900d with the First LED Midpanel

abirli
Level 7

Hey ROG and Welcome to My first build log

Working Title for this project is x7900D because it is an x79 system in a Corsair 900d!

i was fortunate to get the 900d form one of the first shipments from ******, This case is huge! i've never seen any case this big before in person!

I got lucky with a lot of these parts, finding them on craiglist or **** for cheap.

The Specs:
Motherboard: Asus RIVE
Processor: I7 3930k
SSD- OCZ Vertex 4 256 x 2 in Raid 0
PSU- Corsair ax1200
Case- Corsair 900D
Ram- Kingston Hyper x 1600mhz x 32GB
GPUs- Evga Titans

The Cooling:
Coolgate 480 Rad
Coolgate 360 Rad
EK Supremecy
EK Titan Blocks
Ek 250 res
Ek Res/Pump combo
Switfech MCP655
1/2" fittings
a ton of Corsair AF and SP fans

now for some pictures. This is my first time trying to take nice photos so please dont hate on me too hard. i used my bed sheet that is wrinkled and my iphone 😄

This case is massive!

Now, i've always wanted a Asus Rampage board but i hate the red and black color scheme, i was so happy to see the Black RIVE only to find out it wasnt a production product, so i painted mine! i didnt get too deep into the RAM slots because they wouldnt be visible

Heres the CPU

Corsair AX1200- my Neighbor gave this to me for free!

This is just half of the fans! i have a total of 17 fans i think?

Ram

Coolgate 480

SSDs, these already had the OS on them so i had to make sure i kept them in the right order

Pump- this thing was way bigger than i thought (thats what she said :D)

EK res

and one of two Titans

23 REPLIES 23

abirli
Level 7
Here is some more of my parts, now with wrinkled back drop and a better camera!

Goodbye 690(S) Hello TITAN(S)

EK Clear Plexi Water blocks for the Titans

These things are shiny!

EK Bay Res and Pump

EK HF Supremacy Clear - i got anxious and mounted it before i took a photo

Coolgate 360 Radiator

Box full of Corsair SP120's High performance edition

My New Photo Companion

Photos together:

Thats it for today, heres a teaser of whats to come:

UltraHooligan
Level 7
Ooh nice, a 900D/X79 build.. Looking forward to this (brings out popcorn).
Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 | MB: Rampage IV Extreme | CPU: Intel Core I7 3930k @ 4.8Ghz | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133 | GPU: 2x Asus GTX670 DCII OC 2GB | HDDs: Samsung EVO 250GB + Crucial M4 128GB + Intel X25-M 80GB + 3x WD 1TB | ODD: Asus DRW-24B1LT | PSU: Seasonic X -750W | Cooling: H100 with SP120 Fans push/pull

abirli
Level 7
First thing i did was Paint the RAM. This is a temporary soultion until i save up for Dominators.

My color scheme is going to be black with a blittle white =]

so i masked them up, and started priming

Once dry i sprayed it with flat white

I think it turned out pretty good =] using flat paint saves me all the time of sanding and respraying

For the black dimms, i used my favorite paint ever, plasti dip! this stuff is awesome. in case you dont know aht it is , its platic rubbery paint that peels off when your done with it. so i masked the dimms up sprayed them with a couple coats of plastidip and peeled off what i wanted to show through.

Thats it for this update, more to come!

:toast:

While waiting for my acrylic cement to arrive, i sleeved the front panel and the ek res

I used the lamptron tool to get the fan pins out, terrible for ATX pins but awesome for Molex and Fan pins

before sleeve

after sleeve

I used MDPC sleeve, i've used many others before and i finally sprung and bought some. It really is the best out there. it may not be the tightest non-see through weave but if you're serious about sleeving you'll making your own cables anyways, or at least tape up the ones you've got

oh and its thE best heatshrink i've ever used.

While waiting for my acrylic cement to arrive, i sleeved the front panel and the ek res

I used the lamptron tool to get the fan pins out, terrible for ATX pins but awesome for Molex and Fan pins

before sleeve

after sleeve

I used MDPC sleeve, i've used many others before and i finally sprung and bought some. It really is the best out there. it may not be the tightest non-see through weave but if you're serious about sleeving you'll making your own cables anyways, or at least tape up the ones you've got

oh and its thE best heatshrink i've ever used.

abirli
Level 7
i installed the front intake fans, Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition

the cables are too short, ill have to fix these later

I also installed the Corsair AX1200

looks so far away!

Next i mounted the EK bay res and pump combo.

But it didnt fit ;(

so for the first time this project, i busted out the dremel and my new Tungsten bit

i had to route like a 1/4' more to fit it

Thats better

Next i made the plexiglass back plate for the SSD's

Mounted the OCZ Vertex 4 SSD's and decided to Carbon wrap it, in white

abirli
Level 7
Ok so here it is! the major time consuming part of my build is finished! now it all should be smooth sailing.

many of you may know what it is i've been building, but for those that dont, i'll let the pictures speak for themselves? 😛

first the how to:

Start off by marking your measurements and clamp it down, measure twice cut once!

After all that plexi cutting and aluminum cutting, a new disk is needed

cutting metal generates a lot of heat. it actually melted my clamp!

Now that the metal pieces are cut, i made a stencil for the remaining layers and transferred it to the plexi. this layer is frosted

uh oh storm clouds! tornado watch for my area last night

hmm?

got anxious and didnt even take the tape off! i needed to know it worked right away!

And now i present to you, my illuminated mid panel for the 900d!!!!!

not that this is done all thats left is the loops, sleeve some more plexi and overclocking, them finally game time!

thank you

kkn
Level 14
looking great, gona be an avsome build, and all ready is 😉
(PS: post 6 and 7 dubble post 😉 )

majorwoody
Level 7
looks great cant wait to see finished product...