cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will 2 Matrix HD7970 Platinum GPU's Fit on MVF?

James128
Level 7
Hi guys,

I finally got a hold of an ASUS Matrix HD7970-P-3GD5 and would like to get one more if feasible. Will two of these cards fit in an MVF with enough space to cool efficiently? I've seen 2 of them running in an MVE and other mobo's...

Thanks in advance!

James
MoBo: ASUS Maximus V Formula | CPU: Intel i3770K | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 16GB | GPU: ASUS Matrix HD7970-P-3GD5 | PSU: Corsair AX860i | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD | Secondary Drive: WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 | Mouse: Corsair M95 | All Stock Settings
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
What you do to work this out is count the number of slots between the card and the next PCIe slot and you should see you will just be able to fit the two cards. The card is a 3 slot (2.5) and there is a PCIe slot available.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

B0UJI
Level 7
Should do but good luck finding a second one pretty sure they don't make them anymore!

Samarth
Level 9
its one of the leading card of ROG how will they stop producing?
Have they really?
CPU: AMD FX8150 at 4.6Ghz, Motherboard: Crosshair V Formula-Z, GPU: HD 7750 at 900Mhz, RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo, Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 311 with 3 xtraflo fans, PSU: Cooler Master Thunder 500, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

James128
Level 7
@BOUJI - I just purchased a Matrix HD7970-P-3GD5 at Newegg and received it yesterday. They have 20 In Stock and 35 more on the way from ASUS. I was asking this question because I'm pretty sure that the two cards will fit but I wasn't sure about the gap between the two cards and if cooling was an issue...

James
MoBo: ASUS Maximus V Formula | CPU: Intel i3770K | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 16GB | GPU: ASUS Matrix HD7970-P-3GD5 | PSU: Corsair AX860i | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD | Secondary Drive: WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 | Mouse: Corsair M95 | All Stock Settings

bassieflup
Level 7
I did buy one off the last one in holland, but i had already contact with https://www.overclockers.co.uk and he tell me they still have around 9 of them. But thats UK but they also shipping all over the world and eccept paypal.

I have also 2 of them now , i will put it in later today. "dream come true" 😉

HiVizMan
Level 40
Very happy for you mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.