Thread: G46vw

New ROGer Array

G46vw Purchase Advice

I am thinking of purchasing a 14" gaming laptop and the G46 seems to be the best out there in regards to price/specs, but I was wondering if someone who owns this laptop could post pictures comparing the sizes of this laptop and another perhaps more mainstream laptop.
    I hope someone can help ! Thnks
    Last edited by Moorg; 06-13-2013 at 09:58 PM.

New ROGer Array

G46vw Purchase Advice

I am thinking of purchasing a 14" gaming laptop and the G46 seems to be the best out there in regards to price/specs, but I was wondering if someone who owns this laptop could post pictures comparing the sizes of this laptop and another perhaps more mainstream laptop.

I have also read a lot of posts of people saying that they have had to change the thermalpaste of their cpu/gpu on other G series notebooks, is this an issue on the g46 ?

And also, does anyone know if asus/ROG are going to release a new 14" gaming laptop in the next few months or should I just go for this one ?

I hope someone can help ! Thnks
    Last edited by Moorg; 06-13-2013 at 09:57 PM.

New ROGer Array

Moorg

To me, comparing 14" to 15.7" and 17" is apples and oranges due to size and weight differences; the 15.7" and 17" with proper specs get reliably good reviews from many customers.

I chose the G46 as my favorite out of over 40-45 laptops on display (as did the person I was with at the time) due to size (small), weight (~5.5lb), and design (functional).

One of the nice "points of sale" is that when I lift the laptop screen to open it, it actually opens without lifting the entire rig off the desk in the process; and I didn't have to claw my fingernails under the lid to get it to open.

"Portability Positives"

1. 5 pounds.
    2. 12 inches long.
    3. 2 inches tall.
    4. Remember to get your wife a matching lapdog. ;-)

Kopacetic