cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Danger Den Tribute - Matrix Cubed - 3 way SLI with ASUS ROG MatrixGTX580's

Phish
Level 7
So this is one of the last cases Danger Den shipped before they sadly closed doors...it could be THE last case for all I know. One thing for sure is there are no others like it. I had Danger Den make some extensive design modifications to their standard Extended Waterbox Plus case....it's one of a kind. 3 months building this thing I did much further mods to the case once I got it.....including filling in the "Danger Den" cutouts with clear red epoxy resin....relocated mobo standoffs to fit video cards in and then of course I laid the glass tile on the bottom panel, fabricated the lighting underneath and did all the cable sleeving and more.....

Inside:
3 X ASUS ROG Matrix GTX580P video cards in SLI (that's 9 slots worth of video cards)
ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme mobo
32GB Mushkin Redline ram
Intel iCore7 3930k cpu (cooled by Danger Den water block & D5 pump)
2 X 120GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD's (not in raid) OS on one and apps/games on the other
4 X mechanical hard drives for storage
Enermax MAXREVO 1350watt power supply
Enermax fans on case/radiator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXW8WiBv1SY
ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme - ASUS ROG Matrix GTX580P in 3 way SLI - Intel 3930k - 32GB Mushkin Redline - Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD X 2 - Enermax MAXREVO 1350 watt pws - Danger Den cooling block
11 REPLIES 11

Phish
Level 7
Some more pics....I will post more of the build as time permits. I know...I'm doing this backwards....ccompleted build pics and then pics of the build in progress....it's how I roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pxsL8ZTWYQ
ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme - ASUS ROG Matrix GTX580P in 3 way SLI - Intel 3930k - 32GB Mushkin Redline - Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD X 2 - Enermax MAXREVO 1350 watt pws - Danger Den cooling block

kkn
Level 14
nice nice!!

Phish
Level 7
Thanks....I wished the good folks at Danger Den could have seen this before they closed shop. I had planned on posting pics in their forums but by the time I had it built they had closed up. So I ended up here at ROG instead...

Mankz
Level 10
All my first watercooling kit some 8/9 years ago was Danger Den stuff.. Sad to have seen them shut their doors.

Anyway, thats a damn nice looking case you've got there, good job!

"All my first watercooling kit some 8/9 years ago was Danger Den stuff.. Sad to have seen them shut their doors.

Anyway, thats a damn nice looking case you've got there, good job! "

They had a nice run I guess....Danger Den....I hope they are all doing well. Thanks for the compliment....

Chewitt
Level 10
Stunning, love the bottom of the case.
CPU - AMD Phenom II 555 OC'd and UCC'd to Phenom II B55 at 3709MHz
RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast
MoBo - ASRock 890GX Extreme3
GPU - Asus HD 6850 Direct CU
SDD - 240GB Kingston HyperX

ROG RealBench Score = TBB

Chewitt wrote:
Stunning, love the bottom of the case.

Glad you commented......thanks..... amazing what a little imagination and a trip to Home Depot will do...

chenyanan999
Level 7
thats incredible......

Tomislav
Level 11
beautiful machine. A+
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD