cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Code 02

alex4602
Level 7
Hi guys:), I need abit of help with a problem that has recently developed on my PC. I was just browsing on the net and my PC froze with a buzzing sound. I looked at the M/Board code and it states 02 which means AP initialization before microcode loading. I restarted the machine and ignored it thinking it's just a gliche but then while playing a game it happened again. Can somebody please tell me what on earth this actually means and how can i solve this problem. I did load bios 0602 from 0505 and i'm not sure wether that could be the problem but i would appreciate some help from you guys. My specs of machine are as follows: Thanks in advance guys

Intel i7990X @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100 L/Cooling
Rampage III Black Edtion
500Gb W/D Hard Drive
Gainward Gtx 680 4gb
12Gb Corsaire Vengence @ 1673Mhz
1000 Watt PSU
10 REPLIES 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
hey alex4602 🙂

If it's started doing this since the BIOS flash I wonder maybe if you shouldn't either flash again to eliminate a bad BIOS flash or flash 0505 again.

How did you do the flash? from in the OS?

Have you cleared CMOS etc?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Remove all the hardware from your system. Leave only the CPU and cooler.

Now fit the VGA - only one if you are running multicard.

One hard drive the OS drive of course.

One stick of ram.

No other USB devices beside Keyboard and mouse.

Boot into BIOS

Set defaults.

F5 and enter, select your SATA mode then F10 and enter.

Do you have the error now?

If no then add one piece of hardware at a time until the error returns.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

cowbordel
Level 7
ya mon' i had the same issue, juste let the "fast boot" option enabled.
gave me the same error on maximus v gene, until i make this.
CASE LianLi PC V2000 MOBO Maximus V Gene CPU i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz RAM Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 (4x4GB) CPU COOLER Corsair H80i SSD Intel C330 Serie 120Gb HDD 2Tb Seagate 5400Rpm PSU Silverstone OP1000 GPU EVGA GTX780 3gb GDDR5 HEADSET Corsair Vengeance 2000 7.1 OS Win 7 Pro 64 bits 😛

Hi guys:D, i do apologize for the late reply. I managed to sort the problem out...can u believe that? I find it strange though, I realised that two days before my troubles starting i bumped the PC tower and the power cable the fits to the power supply got loose, i actually didn't bother because the machine went off and restarted on it's own. I thought it was the Bios and other software mayb and i havn't touched or removed any software after the freezing cause i wasn't sure. while thinking and thinking i thought of the power cable, i checked and it was sitting in an angle, i switched all power off. reinforced the power cable with sum cable ties and now no more freezing with that LOUD HORRIFYING BUZZING...lol. Take care guys, will chat soon. Cheers to all the ROG GAMERS OUT THERE!!!!!!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

HiVizMan
Level 40
PSU cables FTW 😛
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yea man was the power cable hey, hard to believe but hey it ain't freezing anymore PLUS i bumped to 4.9Ghz;). Thanks Bro...Keep The GAME ON!!!! HAHA:)

81039Hi, I have a problem with my computer. When I turned it off and came back on, this error 02 appears with the white light on. I already updated the bios but it will not let me enter the bios.

Hi, I have a problem with my computer. When I turned it off and came back on, this error 02 appears with the white light on. I already updated the bios but it will not let me enter the bios.81040