cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the OC panel be purchased seprately?

djdelirius
Level 10
Anyone know if the oc panel is going to be available to purchase separately to use with other rob mobs? I'm debating on whether to get the extreme or wait for the formula because the formula looks so d%mn pretty with the armor and water cooled northbridge.
10 REPLIES 10

raw2dogmeat
Level 8
From what I've read the oc panel WILL be available for purchase separately to use with other boards, and I too am waiting on the Formula. Goto the Home page here and watch the "Video: Linus ROG Booth Tour!" that was posted yesterday. It shows the panel functioning attached to a Formula at some point..I can't get the video to play now...maybe it's on Youtube?

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Yep the Panel will be usable on other ROG boards, but only the Max VI Series...my only complaint with ASUS/ROG is making it that way...I have heaps of USB headers on my CHVF sitting there, unused...surely it could have been USB powered?

You should base your decision on exactly what you wanna do with the setup. Extreme for OverClocking a lot, or Formula for Gaming? choice is a wonderful thing....and all yours 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
Can be purchased separately but only for Maximus boards.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

X-ROG
Level 15
The aim is to release it separately, but it might not be available in all markets as depends on the available sales channel for accessories. All the Maaximus VI boards have the connector for it.

The ROG team are also preparing the front bay device, which is an alternative that has some of the Easy Mode features.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
...The ROG team are also preparing the front bay device, which is an alternative that has some of the Easy Mode features.

I'll definitely get that when it comes out. I've seen the video from one of the tech shows on the ROG site and it looks like it'll be a must have.

LuckyMatt
Level 7
Any word on where/when this is available (I'm U.S. market)? I have the Hero VI...would love to know price point on this. It MIGHT be a must-have if the price is right....

LuckyMatt wrote:
Any word on where/when this is available (I'm U.S. market)? I have the Hero VI...would love to know price point on this. It MIGHT be a must-have if the price is right....

Fastest way to get a reply, message the guys at the US ROG FBook page. If you get a positive reply about when it's due in, then you just have to nag your fav retailer to get it in for you.

LuckyMatt
Level 7
No Fbook here...I'll just keep an eye out. I'm thinking when it does come out, it should be carried at places like Newegg, d'ya think?

chetanzcool
Level 7
Same here waiting for the OC panel