Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Thank you for confirming that. I only get my board on Monday.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Menthol View Post
    On my MVIE CD located in the software there is Turbo Vcore

Attachment 21428

It appears to be a stand alone lite version

Attachment 21429
    Its not there on the Gene CD

Due to the integrated voltage regulator the motherboard got LESS important for overclocking the CPU.

With air or AIO water cooling there ist almost no difference in overclocking between a 100€ and a 200€ board.

Overclocking Memory is a different story - advantage Asus.

The Gene is a let-down compared to the Z77 Gene - quite view things been stripped.

Most annoying: no X-FI MB available - would have to buy a soundcard to get something simular.

I will return the Board to the dealer.
    Last edited by IronAge; 06-17-2013 at 07:05 AM.

All good mate - let us know what you decided on and enjoy your system.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

Hey there,

first off, glad to be here and be able to participate in this fine community
    Browsing through different treads this particular one draw my interest:

I got a Gene VI a couple of days ago, which delivers pretty much what it did promise. Long story short, not having a clue about the Turbo V Core-Tool's existance before i read about it here and did watch one of the newegg presentations after it, i got kinda curious...

It seems to have been available on some early versions of the software bundle, or rather some do not have it for sure, like mine as well. Given the additional fact that it's not available, or rather that i wasnt able to get a hold of it, is very akward considering the lack of any official statement about the happenstances.

I mean it obviously was functional as far as i could determine. The silent disappearance seems to imply that it probably did cause some issues, which could range from an unwanted effect, either hard/software conflicts, or some economical ones, in the sense that it would have been bad for the marketing of aisuite 3 or even used on the boards of competitors and thus being potentially undermining sales.

If anyone has some intel about it, would be appreciated by my curiosity.

And if someone of you could even somehow share available versions that would be great. I think it definitively has a nice, being a rudimentary option for some os fine tuning.

Thank you in advance, and a great weekend to all readers,

Monkey Out

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Apologies to bump this thread, but ASUS really need to start placing the app on support pages. I've been using v1.02.02 from overclocking.guide site, link. Even that X299 version I can't find on Extreme/Apex support pages .
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2