cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix 7970 Platinum Blank Screen when gaming

Sofyan88
Level 7
Hi all.

I have a Matrix HD 7970 Platinum, that was fine and running good and awesome in my gaming experience. and it was run good 'bout 5 Months.
until last night, while I'm gaming (Remember Me), my screen get white with vertical line, the sound is still play, ctrl + alt + delete is not respons, in fact all keyboard and mouse doesn't work. I force restart, and it's good again, playing game (still Remember Me game), after 2 minute play, it's get blank again, now with deep bule screen still vertical line. and sometimes it's black screen with vertical line.

I try to play another game, Sniper Elite V2, it's running good about 2 hour.
and paling Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. the screen get blank again, and system crash, same on Remember me game.
playing Battlefield 3, it's same problem.

try to run 3D mark 2006, Vantage, and mark 11, it's same problem, the screen get black or white or deep blue with vertical line, right after the benchmark started.

the problem does not happen, while I'm internet browsing or listening music.

and 3 hour later, my system stuck right after "Starting Windows" Logo. it doesn't show Welcome Screen. it happen over and over again.

I try to run at Safe Mode, and it's no problem. and run at normal windows the problem still stuck before welcome screen.

uninstall VGA Driver, the problem was gone, I try 3 Different driver, stock default from DVD, 13.1, and 13.4

i try to run at 640 resolution it's running well, but when I'am change to 1080. the screen will black, system freeze, crash, must Force Restart.

I do fresh Install Windows 7 64 Ultimate, the problem still exist.

so, Finally I try to use another VGA (MSI HD 7970 standart). then the problem was gone. normally gaming without get black screen again.

I conclude, something's wrong with my Matrix HD 7970 Platinum. it's normal on, but can't do gaming, actually it's unable to go to desktop with High Resolution.

is that any solution for this problem?.

My system spec:
i7 3930k C2
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400 C10
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Asus Matrix 7970 Platinum (of course :D)
XFX 850W Black Edition PSU
Indows 7 64 Ultimate

that's it. Sorry for my bad English 😄
Thanks in Advance
9 REPLIES 9

HiVizMan
Level 40
It seems that your graphic card is defective. If possible I would RMA the card
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Sofyan88
Level 7
oh really?... RMA is the most horrible things in my Country

I hope it can be fixed with some BIOS flash or FW upgrade, but still I need some answer here, cause I read many people have problem with Matrix 7970

HiVizMan
Level 40
Based on what you said, the discription of events and your using another card without problems is the basis of my suggestion.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

B0UJI
Level 7
You can try the BIOS on the website and see if it helps. I had black screening until I updated to that VGA BIOS.

HiVizMan wrote:
Based on what you said, the discription of events and your using another card without problems is the basis of my suggestion.

haha.. today, I send the card to my friend Hazzan, I hope the problem is about the firmware or bios

B0UJI wrote:
You can try the BIOS on the website and see if it helps. I had black screening until I updated to that VGA BIOS.

I haven't try it yet, I just send my VGA to mu buddy, hope he can fix it 😄

HiVizMan
Level 40
If anyone can fix that card then Hazzan can.

Sofyan88
Level 7
did you mean vice versa ?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nope there is only one Hazzan in benching that I know of and if he can not sort the card out then it is RMA time definitely.

HiVizMan wrote:
Nope there is only one Hazzan in benching that I know of and if he can not sort the card out then it is RMA time definitely.

oh I see...
let's pray that he can deal with my matrix 🙂