cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW-DB71 has arrived

Darknal
Level 7
Hey ROG! I just got my G750JW-DB71 today just wanted to show everyone what it looks and I apologize for my potato camera. Also what I noticed right away is that is smaller and lighter than the previous G75VW and G73SW i owned. Here are the specs:
G750JW-DB71:

Processor:
Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz Turbo to 3.4Ghz

Chipset:
Mobile Intel® HM87

Operating system:
Windows 8 64 Bit

Memory:
12GB (3x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz

Display:
17.3” anti-glare FHD LED backlit (1920 x 1080)

Graphics:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

Storage
2.5” SATAII 1TB(5400rpm)

Optical drive
DVD Super-Multi

8 REPLIES 8

chrsplmr
Level 18
What's the verdict bro ??? Do ya love it ?? I'd, and I'm sure some others, would love ta know ??? Please, do tell.c.

jsarver
Level 11
full review with benchmarks would be great

chrsplmr wrote:
What's the verdict bro ??? Do ya love it ?? I'd, and I'm sure some others, would love ta know ??? Please, do tell.c.

Once I get my hands into the machine I can provide a proper verdict. However, notable improvements are the weight, size, and sound quality of the G750. Personally the sound quality is a step up from the G75VW I owned, but not as good as the G73SW with THX software. The build quality is as of expect from ASUS and the laptop feels solid. Though to my disappointment the CPU is soldered onto the board being the HQ version instead of the MQ socket variant. Overall still need more time with the laptop to give a strong verdict. I'll get back to you guys with some benchmarks and more after I come back from my vacation trip.

jsarver wrote:
full review with benchmarks would be great

I plan on doing one in the near future after I break in the beast and get my hand dirty with it. Though it will be after I come back on my vacation in July.

MauricioNO
Level 7
Looks awesome! Im sure you will have lots of fun with it 😄

mittur
Level 7
The G750JX-T4064H is now available in Singapore for around 2190.00 SGD. However, the ASUS G750JH-DB71 is the best and availability unknown as of now.

chri5d3an
Level 7
This computer is a piece of ****. I am pulling 15 frames per second in the menu for hawken............... the g75vx is way better wish I wouldn't have bought this thing.

chri5d3an wrote:
This computer is a piece of ****. I am pulling 15 frames per second in the menu for hawken............... the g75vx is way better wish I wouldn't have bought this thing.

Dude... Are you plugged in?
G614JV

Xbcxbc
Level 7
Note that the hard drive is terrible in this laptop. I get serious lag with simple desktop usage. For example, I can't have 3-4 tabs download pages at the same time in Firefox because HDD access slows it down so much that the entire desktop locks up for seconds at a time. My laptop is always plugged in so it's not a power issue.