cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is My Maximus IV Extreme SB Supported?

Rammstein874
Level 7
I just updated my BIOS to 3604 and would love to use this but seems its not support for my system why? Its a great systemboard! Will this be support at anytime?
10 REPLIES 10

HiVizMan
Level 40
Sorry what are you asking?

SB = Sandybridge.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Sorry what are you asking?

SB = Sandybridge.

Yes Sandybridge...Does this tool support it? I installed it but its telling me its not supported...

HiVizMan
Level 40
My friend what tool are you talking about?

And the motherboard certainly supports Sandy Bridge processors and so do all the applications found on the support page. The motherboard was designed with SB.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
As far as compatibility mentioned, ROG Exchange was only created for the Maximus V boards and I think RIV boards.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
As far as compatibility mentioned, ROG Exchange was only created for the Maximus V boards and I think RIV boards.

Yes i was talking about the ROG Exchange program...sorry didnt say that before. But does anyone know if this will be coming out with an update to work with this board?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Sorry I did not even think of that. My apologies.

No I do not think ROG exchange will include that board.

HiVizMan wrote:
Sorry I did not even think of that. My apologies.

No I do not think ROG exchange will include that board.

Well thats sucks = / any reason why?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Manpower restrictions more than anything I would guess, we are on the VI board series at the minute after all.

And yes I agree it is not ideal.

X-ROG
Level 15
Maximus IV is not supported on ROG Exchange sorry, it predates the program.