cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse click seems to be happening randomly

davefrombc
Level 7
Hello!

Purchased a: ASUS G75VX-RH71-CA Intel Core i7 3630QM GeForce GTX670MX 12GB 750GB 17.3IN DVDRW Windows 8 Notebook roughly 3 weeks ago. Was having major issues with software and Windows 8 so installed 7. Was having a heck of a time finding WAN drivers that worked, these forums helped for that, thank-you forum!

Been searching for my latest problem, however am not having any luck in finding a solution. When I am typing, I am getting random 'left clicks' occurring, meaning wherever my mouse pointer is situated that is where my cursor will move to, always mid typing. I am nowhere near the touchpad, so I'm not sure what's happening.

I'm hoping it's just a software problem, I didn't notice this issue when I was using windows 8. Anyone have any ideas? It's driving my bonkers, I can't type a sentence without this happening. Also hoping if it is a hardware problem I haven't voided the warranty or something ridiculous like that by installing Windows 7.
6 REPLIES 6

Pitcher1
Level 9
please reinstall again touchpad driver or download mouse (asus gaming mouse) driver from asus support site.

Thank-you for the response. There are 71 different files for Notebook - Touchpad, which one do I want?

Where in Device Manager is it to uninstall?

I have an unknown device in 'other devices', perhaps that's it?

It seems to happen if I'm using a mouse or the touchpad. When searching for a 'asus gaming mouse driver g75vx' I'm not finding anything.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
davefrombc wrote:
Thank-you for the response. There are 71 different files for Notebook - Touchpad, which one do I want?

Where in Device Manager is it to uninstall?

I have an unknown device in 'other devices', perhaps that's it?

It seems to happen if I'm using a mouse or the touchpad. When searching for a 'asus gaming mouse driver g75vx' I'm not finding anything.

Unfortunately, I haven't tried installing Win7 on the G75VX, so am not very familiar with it, but hopefully the ideas below can help or others can offer more suggestions.

1. There is a sticky thread about installing Win7 on the G75VX which you might have seen already, but just in case you haven't, check the thread Clean Windows 7 on Asus G75VX (Win8 pre-installed).
Not sure if this is correct, but the thread seems to indicate many of the G75VX Win8 drivers can still be installed in Win7 from what I read.

2. If you didn't already know, you can download all the G75VX Win8 drivers from the ASUS download site here.
Actually, if you still have your original ASUS Win8 image, there should be a copy of the G75VX Win8 driver disk on the C: drive, but check the ASUS download site for any updates.
Normally you would just run the setup or installation file for the touchpad driver instead of going through device manager although you shouldn't be seeing any unknown devices after everything is installed.

3. As far as the touchpad issue goes, if you didn't already know, you can tap on the touchpad itself to left-click which causes a lot of problems when it happens accidentally while typing.
If you don't care about the tap/left-click feature, disable it through the touchpad settings accessed by the touchpad icon on the taskbar next to the time and date. Try to double left-click the touchpad icon if right-clicking doesn't give you a touchpad properties option.
Make sure the touchpad software is installed as Pitcher@asus mentioned if you don't see the touchpad icon.

4. If you don't want to disable the touchpad tap/left-click feature, try disabling the touchpad while typing through the Fn+F9 key as skyrider mentioned, but you want to make sure both the ATKACPI driver (under 'utilities' for the G75VW downloads) and touchpad driver are installed for Fn+F9 to work.

Hope this helps!

skyrider
Level 8
i too have encountered this problem many times while typing, and for me simply turning off the touchpad did its job. it seemed that even the slightest brush would result in a clicking effect. I assume u already know this, but in case u dont, press fn + f9 to do that.

davefrombc
Level 7
It appears my function keys aren't working, ugh. They were under Win 8, I'm guessing another driver issue. What would impact this? Thanks.

*BUMP* I don't know if I should start a new thread for this as I'm now experiencing a different problem. Is there a particular driver I should be trying to reinstall to get function keys back? Sorry for the newb questions