cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Build Guides for Haswell/4th Gen Core i5/i7

X-ROG
Level 15
1) Mini-ITX build guide with Z87-Deluxe

Link: http://anandtech.com/show/7078/building-a-miniitx-haswell-system-with-asus-video

2) Maximus VI Gene gaming PC build guide

3) Maximus VI Extreme gaming PC build guide

4) JJ Build Guide Z87-Pro

5) Mini ITX PC with TekSyndicate

15 REPLIES 15

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is so so tiny.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

X-ROG
Level 15
Two more videos for M6E and M6G.

Cygnitr0n
Level 10
Did I just hear... other smallfactor videocard design? Great! 😛

Now I definitely waiting for that!

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
No disrespect to the guy who does these videos, but, when he mentions there are 10 SATA ports on the MAVIE, he should note that only 6 of them are in fact native...so if anyone wants to setup RAID, they will have 6 ports to use, as we all know ASMedia(the other 4 ports) sucks for RAID Arrays.

Good videos, but info like what I mentioned above should be given too....not everyone knows that kinda stuff and we all have to learn somewhere 🙂

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
No disrespect to the guy who does these videos, but, when he mentions there are 10 SATA ports on the MAVIE, he should note that only 6 of them are in fact native...so if anyone wants to setup RAID, they will have 6 ports to use, as we all know ASMedia(the other 4 ports) sucks for RAID Arrays.

Good videos, but info like what I mentioned above should be given too....not everyone knows that kinda stuff and we all have to learn somewhere 🙂

You can use the other four with a software RAID 😛 It'll still work for a mass storage that doesn't require absolute performance.

Added video #4!

Camus
Level 8
Cool. Like the last video (Mini ITX PC) and the best part was when they tested with Real Bench. :cool:

Cheers!
CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.400GHz. RAM: G. Skill Trident X @ 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 10-12-12-31-2 MOBO: Maximus V Gene. BIOS:1903 CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800D. CPU COOLER: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate with 3 Noctua Fans NF-F12 industrial PPC-3000 PWM SSD: 2 x 256Gb Plextor M6S in RAID 0 HDD: 1 x 2Tb WD20EARX. PSU: Corsair Gold AX850 GPU: msi GTX 680 Twin Frozr iii OC 2gb GDDR5 Monitor: BenQ XL2410T. HEADSET: CM Storm Sirus 5.1 OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bits

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
Nice builds!
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |

Hi! friends
I'm going to change my RAM from 4GB to 8GB. I currently have gskill ripjawsX but because of there poor support in India, they are not replacing it because of shortage of 4GB sticks. Now, i'm confused between corsair vengeance and ripjawas X. Many user told that vengeance is too tall for coolers. So, my question is that will it hinder the big coolers like coolermaster's in asus maximus vi hero.

Aakash wrote:
Hi! friends
I'm going to change my RAM from 4GB to 8GB. I currently have gskill ripjawsX but because of there poor support in India, they are not replacing it because of shortage of 4GB sticks. Now, i'm confused between corsair vengeance and ripjawas X. Many user told that vengeance is too tall for coolers. So, my question is that will it hinder the big coolers like coolermaster's in asus maximus vi hero.

The RipjawsX measures 40mm in height.