New ROGer Array

My Build: The (Hopefully) Awesome Gaming PC

Hello Gents,

I am Gnomercy and for the first time in my life, i am deciding to build my own PC. For hours i have slaved over my familys comuter screen researching the best bang for your buck parts to outfit this monster. I would very much appreciate feedback and
    constructive criticism is welcome as well. All the same, thank you for taking a look at my build and, lets begin. ( in no particular order)

PSU:
    Corsair Professional Series AX 1200 Watt Digital ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Platinum (AX1200i)

GPU:
    ASUS 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Cards GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 (two in SLI format)

Monitor:
    ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor 1080p 144hz

CPU Heatsink:
    Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H80i

SSD:
    Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 256 GB SATA 6GB/s Solid State Drive MZ-7PD256BW

Mouse:
    Anker High Precision Laser Gaming Mouse

Optical Drive:
    Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)

HDD:
    Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop 3.5" Hard Drive

Motherboard:
    ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO DDR3 1600 LGA 1156 Motherboard

Case:
    Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 VN300M1W2N No PS Full Tower Case (Black)

Evil Static Demon Protection:
    Belkin Anti-Static Wrist Band with Adjustable Grounding

Ram:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)

Keyboard:
    Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blue Switches

Mousepad:
    Razer Goliathus Alpha L - Control (Fragged)

CPU:
    Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.8 GHZ 6 MB Cache - BX80646I54670K

HDMI Cord:
    Mediabridge High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (6 ft) - Ultra Series

Windows 8 Professional System Builder OEM DVD 64-Bit

WIFI:
    The Maximus 6 hero lacks built in wifi and i am in need of a reliable and fast mPCIe card, any suggestions would be great.

Again, this is a COMPLETE build totaling out at around 3000$ i hope this brave community can offer me some guidance so i leave it in your hands. Thank You. (one last note, no *****ing about windows 8, that is the only non-tolerable criticism in this build)
    Last edited by Gnomercy; 06-19-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Look good. My notes:

1) Hero lacks the mPCIe combo card entirely though. Every other M6 board has it though. If you need WiFi you can always buy our PCIe cards - we do a great .ac one
    1b) We do great .ac routers too
    2) You don't need 1200W for 1 card. 750-850W is plenty for that build.
    3) Buy a $2 HDMI cable. The only difference is build quality, the signal is the same in all of them; it's digital and you're only buying a 1080p monitor Also consider DisplayPort instead since you're using a 144Hz VG.
    4) 1TB drive why? It's fast and noisy(er) for just storage and slow for games
    5) With the money you saved on the PSU you can get 2133 mem and have some fun ocing
    6) No speakers/headset?
    7) GL HF!

New ROGer Array

1.Thank you for the suggestion, could you possibly post a link?
    2.I did specify i would put two 770s in SLI format hence the monster power supply.
    3. I might stick with the one i have, barely a 5 dollar difference, thanks anyways.
    4. 1tb might be overkill as most of my stuff, games, browsers, OS will be on the SSD to what GB amount of storage should i tone it down to?
    5. 2133 RAM seems a little overkill, i might splurge for the MAXIMUS 6 formula instead just to get "dat cPCIe"
    6. Sorry i neglected the fact i have a leftover Astro A60 headset from when i was a >shudder< console gamer.
    7.Thanks for the feedback and i hope to talk to you again soon.

he was thinking more like a ssd for games too, then the 256 you have in your list.
    keep the disk ( HDD ) and later down the road buy an extra ssd to trow games on it, so you dont fill up too mutch the main ssd ( for OS ).
    large programs and large games, put them on the HDD so prevent filling up the SSD too mutch.
    i'd say go for the 1200W psu, you can drag it to a new build down the road ( when thats gona happend ).
    it dont pull more power from the wall then the system uses so its a good choice.
    if you have the few bucks for it, buy a tube of TIM ( termal paste ) and some cleaning solution to clean away old paste ( just as a precaution ).
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11...tl=g8c127s1272 <- just so you get a clue of what i mean.

wifi pcie and modems -> http://www.asus.com/Networking/Wirel...ters_Products/

for a store close to you ( or the one your gona buy from ) search on it and see the prices.
    but personaly i like it hardwired from pc to modem.