Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

No the GTX 660M is a good card you can see here what FPS you should gain on any game:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...M.71859.0.html

But yeah 4 GB RAM is very low I’m always using already 3,5 GB RAM with surfing on the internet. and a game can use 1-2 GB RAM more so its recommended to upgrade your RAM but i think that's not the issue that gives you the LOW FPS it's really you graphic card or some settings wrong.

Can you send us a check list what you already tried?

Like updating your drivers. Checking settings of power4Gear etc....
    ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
    G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
    GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Apexing's Avatar

Yea, as other have suggested, try removing the gpu drivers, then run driversweeper after a reboot and remove any remaining gpu drivers. then go to nvidia and do the driver scan, install newest which is 320.18.
    let us know if anything changed.
    -edit-
    oh, and you might want to try the version prior to 320.18 since, some are having quite serious issues with it http://www.overclock.net/t/1399104/m...-damaging-gpus I havent had any issues tho, and it mostly seems like the issues are for desktop graphic cards. But just felt I should warn you.
    Last edited by Apexing; 06-22-2013 at 02:50 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have already tried a clean install of a driver (tried many also some modded ones) but no hope. Maybe the gpu is faulty? I still got guarantee i bought it 6 months ago should I go return it or try some more?
    Things I've tried so far.
    1. Installing different OS (was Windows 7 Home Edition x64 changed to windows 8 ultimate x64)
    2.Using old drivers (tried clean install)
    3.Overclocking (I just over clocked for 5 mins to try if it would make a difference (barely 2-3fps lol))
    4.Power4Gear was set on gaming. Tried uninstalling it completely and putting the power to high performance
    5. It's plugged so i'm not running on batter.
    6. Returned back to the windows I had before (windows 7 home edition x64)
    7.Somebody help me im going to commit suicide
    8. I promise whoever manages to fix this will become my lawfully wedded wife/husband (Yes , I will turn homosexual for whoever finds a fix)
    Last edited by Xerav43; 06-23-2013 at 07:26 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

One question though , why do all games put the settings on low when I optimize them , it's like they know that it cant run on anything better (even on low it still lags ) but how come games know that? Isn't the 660m a good card? I'm really confused and upset

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Well it would help if you could let us know what your hardware is doing? is your CPU & GPU running normal temps? are your fans working. Hwinfo64 will tell you that. you have stated you did a clean install do you have the correct drivers running? Trouble shooting this needs to start with your hardware. Once assured your hardware is working correctly. You can sort out the software issues. What AV Anti malware programs are you using. What happens when you run Furmark. Does you NB work normally when not playing games?
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Well it would help if you could let us know what your hardware is doing? is your CPU & GPU running normal temps? are your fans working. Hwinfo64 will tell you that. you have stated you did a clean install do you have the correct drivers running? Trouble shooting this needs to start with your hardware. Once assured your hardware is working correctly. You can sort out the software issues. What AV Anti malware programs are you using. What happens when you run Furmark. Does you NB work normally when not playing games?
    Hwinfo64 Screen Shot : http://puu.sh/3mxBo.png (The cores were jumping yellow green all the time they look 'unstable' just going yellow green , I don't know if that's normal or not just thought I'd point it out.

Hwinfo64 Summary : http://puu.sh/3mxDq.LOG

DxDiag Summary : http://puu.sh/3mxE1.txt

These were taken while the modded driver was installed ( Some guy on a thread with a similar issue recommended it)

ROG Enthusiast Array

http://www.alienwarearena.com/forums...ow-fps-in-wow/

This guy had a VERY similar issue with the same card (GTX 660m) but apparently he got it fixed or something so he didn't respond to the thread no more :/

ROG Enthusiast Array

Also I didn't install any anti malware after the recent format yet.

ROG Enthusiast Array

bumppp (

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Well one thing off the top your still running BIOS 207, perhaps you should upgrade that to 210, 210 seems to work good for me, Be sure to update it through the BIOS EZFlash method.
    You didn't post the Hwinfo sensors what are your temps running GPU And CPU, at Idle and running Furmark.
    I wouldn't recommend fooling around with Modded drivers until you get your NB working correctly
    If you are not having a hardware problem your NB should run great on standard drivers NVidia WHQL , In fact until your NB is running correctly you should probably use the latest drivers posted on the ASUS Download page.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast