Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Apexing's Avatar

is it at all possible for you, to bring the laptop to the place you bought it from, say what issues you have, and have it swapped with a new one? if so, then I would do that since its still under warrenty and all that.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think it's possible , but I bought it when I was in vacation and I don't know if im going back there anytime soon.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

What's important in these screen shots is that your GPU Temp is high at Idle, and under load your GPU is Throttling. I agree you need a repasting.
    If your in the States you should have a 2 year warranty? You don't seem to be a real techy type I think I would have this done somewhere that won't VOID you your warranty!! It might be worth your while to PM cl-albert to see if he can assist you with this hardware problem. I myself have used the Asus Repair station in Calif. 1st time I got a quick turn around and no further damage to my NB=NoteBook, however they did not solve my problem. 2nd trip to Calif repair. I think they had my NB 2 weeks and did solve all my problems with no further damages to my NB. I also think I would have your RAM upgraded to 8GB at the same time filling both your un accessible slots.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Enthusiast Array

Al right there is an a asus repair center where I'm going , hopefully they'll repase thermal paste and I'll add 4 more gigs of RAM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

It isn't the fact that I'm not the techy type I'm just 15 years old :/ Trying to learn though.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Cool, then you probably can accomplish the repaste if you study up, Dreamonic has a pretty good description of what he did in another thread. I would still consider this a pretty serious stuff and losing your warranty could be a big deal if perchance your video card is bad!! or fails in the next few months!! There are a few dissemble videos on U tube. There may be some on the actual repasting.
    http://support.computerupgradeking.c...ssembly_Manual
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...top-Intake-Mod
    Last edited by Clintlgm; 06-25-2013 at 02:31 AM.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Enthusiast Array

I am going to try to take it to the shop to be done , if that's not possible I'll do it myself and take the chances

New ROGer Array

I kinda have the same problem, and I was wondering if that worked for you since there's no new replies.........Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array

LOL , been so long , I just checked this thread , yes I got my laptop fixed , I decided that before I try to repaste myself Ill send it back to ASUS and make them repaste it , if that doesn't work I'll repaste it myself , long story short , when I sent it back to warranty they said that the warranty is void and somebody has tried to unscrew the gpu sink or something (????????????) I just ended up sending it to a pc mechanic friend who repasted himself and problem was solved , still pissed that they would lie about something like that though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6