cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am freaking out. Water inside laptop?

gravehopper
Level 7
I came home a few days ago and after I opened my g75 I freaked out because on the keyboard and all over the screen there was
what looked like water. It was a clear liquid that had no smell or taste (I later tried it).

Anyways I cleaned my laptop and yelled at my little brother thinking that it was his doing.

The crazy thing is that this has happened a few times already and it is scaring me. How is it still working if it has water inside of it and how the hell does it only come out if the lid is closed?
11 REPLIES 11

Apexing
Level 9
dunno how it got in there, but remove battery. and stick the whole laptop into a bag full of rice, leave it there for a week or so, turn the bag over once in a while. should get rid of the moisture/liquid, tho the internals might alread be getting rusted. so I would also remove the back panel to have a look.

nikosa43
Level 12
Most possibly is from condensation of water from the air. Do you live in a high humidity country? Do you use air conditioning and bring periodically room temps low? I guess is something related to that and high humid air is entraped between screen and keyboard, but for this to built up in water, room temp has to go down drastically. If it is something like this try to open windows in the room so fresh air balance the air inside.

gravehopper
Level 7
I actually leave the windows open. Would you suggest I keep laptop open?

nikosa43
Level 12
If you keep your screen open I guess you will not notice it again in such extreme . But if it is humidity of the air (basement?), you have to find a permanent solution not only for devices but for yourself too. Do you have big up and downs of temperature there?

Pitcher1
Level 9
donot power on system and use hairdryer and wait to all dry, also you can send to service center.

gravehopper
Level 7
I live in vancouver and I live on the third floor of a house. Though it has been kind of humid the past few weeks.

alternating rain and sun but I had my window open because it was so hot sometimes

gravehopper wrote:
I live in vancouver and I live on the third floor of a house. Though it has been kind of humid the past few weeks.alternating rain and sun but I had my window open because it was so hot sometimes
That explains a lot. I thing weird weather conditions is to blame for that. If you have the same conditions again it's good to have a cheap fan in the room just to move the air and not standing still. Also keep screen open for not having trapped air inside. The last goes for anything you have closed, like drawers or capboards. Leave them slightly open 🙂

nikosa43
Level 12
If you use hair dryer do not approach the dryer very close to the laptop. Very high temperatures will destroy sensitive plastic components, such keys from keyboard. Trust me I already have destroyed a a laptop keyboard like this. Blow hot air from a distance please 🙂

gravehopper
Level 7
It seems to be working. Is it bad to keep it working?