Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

i dont know if they are having problems directly with the 780 and the formula v but there are wide spread issues with the 780 and many motherboards with older bios setups. im being proactive by updating to 1803. the update notes state that it is to fix issues with newer gpus.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array nikosa43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
    Have you started a thread on here for these issues?UPDATE: I need more voltage now that I've updated the BIOS. I used be @ 4.7GHz with 1.215v now I need 1.230v. Any one else seen similar results?
    I don't think it's a BIOS think. More likely its the summer with the increased temps. Higher temps, more current leakage, bump up the voltage to compensate, more heat . I noticed the same and I need a small increase in my voltages but this happened before the update. Simply, my ambient before was 19 and now is 29 to 31.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Bios 1803 killed my OC. I was on 17XX previously with no issues for months. Anyone know if there's some setting that needs changing, I did notice a couple new settings in the new bios.

In which way you have problems? Please post hardware info. Also what are the new settings?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Killed my OC meaning I was running my 3770k at 4.6ghz stable for months. Updated the bios, used same settings, same voltage shown in Windows and the computer is no longer stable. There are a few new options in the 1803 bios. I have since rolled back to 1707 bios and my overclock is stable again. So, I guess I'll wait for the next bios.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Yeah I tend to do that too, find a bios that I like and does all that I need and I stick with it.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have to agree, 1707 was the most stable so far. For the OC, I did notice some small increase (0.05) for previous stable clocks, but I am not 100% sure that the BIOS is responsible for that, because it's summer time and heat can cause things like that. One thing for sure is the feeling I have about the behavior. I mean I have some negative thoughts because of the way it was flashed. After first reboot I had no screen and some lockups with Qcodes during initialization. I know that was a problem supposed to be fixed from 1802 (I never tried). But for this only, I think I will go back to 1707 and see what is going on. I didn't notice any new settings so far. One last thing. It's like watching HiVizman face, saying "I tell you all the time, stick with a good one and stop messing around"

ROG Enthusiast Array

I like messing around... That's what I do Oh, it's not summertime for everyone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2