cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula BIOS 1803

tw33k
Level 7
Available now http://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_V_FORMULA/#support_Download

Fixed onboard & add-on VGA card compatibility issue.
Intel 3770K @ 4.7GHz
ASUS Maximus V Formula
8gb (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistix
Sapphire 7950
Crucial M4 128GB
17 REPLIES 17

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks for the heads up.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

For me it's working pretty well. More stable than earlier versions. But still it's not fixing two issues I have with my config - matrix platinum going into safe mode when not cold booting, and raid 0 trim support, I can't figure it out 😞
M7H / Matrix 7970 P (flashed to R9 280x Matrix P) + 2 x DELL U2713HM / i7 4790k + h100i push&pull / 3 x Kingston 3k SSD 120GB / 1 x Corsair ForceGT 120GB / TridentX 2400 2x8gb / Corsair Graphite 600t case + AX1200i + NZXT IU01 + Bitfenix USB3.0 internal adapter

czeslaw wrote:
For me it's working pretty well. More stable than earlier versions. But still it's not fixing two issues I have with my config - matrix platinum going into safe mode when not cold booting, and raid 0 trim support, I can't figure it out 😞

Have you started a thread on here for these issues?

UPDATE: I need more voltage now that I've updated the BIOS. I used be @ 4.7GHz with 1.215v now I need 1.230v. Any one else seen similar results?
Intel 3770K @ 4.7GHz
ASUS Maximus V Formula
Sapphire 7950
Crucial M4 128GB

tw33k wrote:
Have you started a thread on here for these issues?UPDATE: I need more voltage now that I've updated the BIOS. I used be @ 4.7GHz with 1.215v now I need 1.230v. Any one else seen similar results?
I don't think it's a BIOS think. More likely its the summer with the increased temps. Higher temps, more current leakage, bump up the voltage to compensate, more heat :D. I noticed the same and I need a small increase in my voltages but this happened before the update. Simply, my ambient before was 19 and now is 29 to 31.

jsarver
Level 11
i have not seen an increase in voltage to be necessary. the only reason i took a gamble on updating is to see if this new bios fixes the issues with the new gtx780 cards.

jsarver wrote:
i have not seen an increase in voltage to be necessary. the only reason i took a gamble on updating is to see if this new bios fixes the issues with the new gtx780 cards.

Did it?

I wanted to test the stability of my OC with the new BIOS so I left Aida64 running over night. When I woke up the computer was shut down. I pressed the power button and nothing. My heart rate increased. I opened the case and pressed the power button on the board...nothing. I turned off the power supply and tried again...still nothing. I left the power supply off, went for a smoke and tried again when I got back and it started. Any guesses what all that could have been about?
Intel 3770K @ 4.7GHz
ASUS Maximus V Formula
Sapphire 7950
Crucial M4 128GB

No idea cards are on the way. Just being proactive. Not sure about the power issue. Hopefully just a fluke. Did you reset bios to optimized and clear CMOS before upgrading? That's what I usually do.

Also good piece of advice I got from these threads is that you should test your comp by using it with things you do instead of stress test. If my comp plays all my games and lets me surf the web I don't care how long I can run prime 95.

red454
Level 11
I have been on 1707 for a couple of months, and it seems rock-solid. Isn't it odd that 1802 was released just a couple weeks before 1803? And rhetorically, is there an 1804 in the works?

I suppose I wonder about the BIOS numbering scheme. It would make sense that a large number change, say from 1707 to 1803 would have many changes, but a smaller increment, like from 1802 to 1803 would have only a few minor changes. Is this correct?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

tw33k
Level 7
That's basically correct. The version number usually stays the same for minor improvements usually (like 1802 to 1803) but a major improvement or change will see the version change to 2xxx
Intel 3770K @ 4.7GHz
ASUS Maximus V Formula
Sapphire 7950
Crucial M4 128GB