Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mrjukic View Post
    Hello,

just bought my g750 and got same problem!

I hope some1 will find solution, nathing helped me, i am thinking about returning it to store, and wait til this use is fixed!
    So far the best thing to do is un-install the "Asus Splendid Utility". You will notice the lines go away pretty much immediately, I have to call the best buy kid tonight be for work so I can tell him so he is not going through all that crazy stuff like him and I initially did to get a fix. For some reason on the G750, that splendid utility starts up , changes the color saturation, and then poof, the lines come on, with out it, the lines do not come, and it looks and acts normal, the way it should. Do not return it, first try un-installing the "Asus Splendid utility". You should notice a drastic difference right away. Be sure and update win8 right away too. And after removing the "Asus Splendid utility", you can go and DL the other vga driver available too. Soon enough I imagine Nvidia will put up new drivers too, so either way we can count on this funny little quirk being taken care of. But I am very certain the Splendid utility is the culprit, since it's removal, my horizontal lines are gone, and I have been enjoying this laptop very much. At least it is something simple and nothing major, I am thankful for that.
    Last edited by C.Geigner; 06-24-2013 at 04:54 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Okay, the horizontal lines are gone from the regular displays, like say the menus and tabs, but still, when going into a game, like Skyrim, it is still horrendous. So there is still an issue with this. taking off the splendid utility helped, but in fact did not resolve the issue completely. The only way to get rid of the horizontal lines in Skyrim atm is to use an ENB mod and it's settings. While they are gone on most places in game, they will still show up when there is minimal lighting and the shaders are dark, this is getting on my nerves now, especially considering the amount of money I paid for this thing. So really, I am sitting here wondering what to do, this may not be a small thing after all, this is a gaming laptop, but things look so bad in game I cannot really use it as such till this line crap is dealt with and fixed. It may even be something with the gpu after all, since it only shows up under certain lighting and shading situations now after removing splendid utility. I know a couple other people that got these G750's as well, and they too have the same problem, and they are from other states, so I know it is not some silly isolated problem with a shipment over here. Time to report it to the technical support folks...

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Your issue sounds similar to that reported in http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-on-G75WV-BBK5 and http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ines-on-screen.

If you connect your laptop to an external monitor or HDTV, do you still observe the lines in the shaded areas of games? If not, it likely indicates a problem with the LVDS cable, its connection, or the laptop display, rather than the GPU, video driver, or Windows software.

What is the make and model# of your laptop display?

Unfortunately, the odds of ASUS Technical Support helping you to resolve this problem are extremely miniscule to nonexistent, judging from the referenced threads. My personal suspicion is the issue involves the LVDS cable in some way.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 06-24-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array GottiBoi55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C.Geigner View Post
    Another update, asus splendid utility seems to cause some of the lines, with it disabled, I no longer have this issue which is strange but I am fine with that, splendid utility is not needed anyhow.
    You are right about the " asus splendid utility".
    I would advise on uninstalling it, I did on my G75, and now I have a much better quality picture!
    But I never had that problem with the lines.
    Last edited by GottiBoi55; 06-25-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    GottiBoi55
    Asus
    G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
    Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
    Samsung
    24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    SanDisk
    M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Second Monitor: Shar
    p Aquos 32"

New ROGer Array

did anyone experience this problem on the G750JX-TB71?? I am looking to buy this.

New ROGer Array

i think you should uninstall Splendid utility and try again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcher@asus View Post
    i think you should uninstall Splendid utility and try again.
    Did that some time ago.

I did talk with tech support, and guess what they said to do. They said to "refresh" my system. I figured it couldn't hurt, it didn't but it was a waste of time. Did it do anything? No. I am at my wits end with this crap. And what blows me away, is that it is happening with G750's from stores miles away from each other, and two people I know 2 states over from here have the same issue. So it is not just me. And if I take a screen shot, the lines show up, dosnt that mean it is software related if it shows up in a screen shot?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-24_00001.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	411.4 KB 
ID:	21901 The tech guy kept saying it was driver related to the GPU in the beginning of the conversation too. Take a look at that Screen shot there... look at the character, not the background, look at the shadows on her. Pretty nasty eh?
    Last edited by C.Geigner; 06-25-2013 at 05:25 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

And when I have a ENB setting running, the lines go away, to a certain extent... I don't know, but this has placed me into some sort of demented insane state of mind now.

ROG Member Array

This isn't the driver, nor is it splendid. This issue exists on the g75 (my wife and I both have it) if you run your laptop to an external source and you dont' see the lines. It's your monitor. Some of them are ok, but many are a certain version of crappy lcd displays and the reason you see it more vividly in one way is due to the saturation and lighting. You are hiding the issue but not fixing it. Get an external monitor like I did for my wife, or bite the bullet and get ready for a horrible rma process. Pro Tip: If you RMA go STRAIGHT to a customer loyalty rep to make sure Asus doesn't eff it all up on you..

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast