Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Yep see there in those screenies of his then? that is the crappy lines we are seeing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by C.Geigner View Post
    Yep see there in those screenies of his then? that is the crappy lines we are seeing.
    Geigner, I haven't received my G750JW yet but have you tried temporarily disabling the dedicated graphics card (Nvidia GTX 765) and switching to the on-chip processor graphics (Intel HD Graphics 4600) from the BIOS or Nvidia settings panel in order to isolate the problem and see whether this is related to the LCD panel or Nvidia card/Nvidia drivers.

If the problem persists with the on-cpu graphics enabled, it must be related to the LCD/LCD cable used. I myself also ordered the BestBuy version, but there have been others with the DB71 model complaining of the same issue of horizontal lines, so I don't think its related to any supposed cost/quality cuts from BestBuy. Is yours the BBI7N05 version?

Hope you can try the above method and get back to us. Thanks.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psingh01 View Post
    Tried with an external LCD and the issue does not occur at all on it. It only happens on the built in screen...
    This observation indicates the "horizontal lines on dark backgrounds" problem is most likely the LVDS cable itself or it's connection, or the laptop display. It indicates it is UNlikely to be caused by the GPU or video driver.

Note that this issue has been reported for earlier G Series laptops in the threads I referenced in my previous post. It is not model specific.

Unfortunately, this issue has been confused or combined with other video issues, making the troubleshooting difficult. Other users have applied changes (such as driver updates) and reported the issue as resolved, when the lines still appear in other locations.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 06-30-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Enthusiast Array

Valid point, but it still doesn't harm to give it a try to confirm.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    This observation indicates the "horizontal lines on dark backgrounds" problem is most likely the LVDS cable itself or it's connection, or the laptop display. It indicates it is UNlikely to be caused by the GPU or video driver.

Note that this issue has been reported for earlier G Series laptops in the threads I referenced in my previous post. It is not model specific.

Unfortunately, this issue has been confused or combined with other video issues, making the troubleshooting difficult. Other users have applied changes (such as driver updates) and reported the issue as resolved, when the lines still appear in other locations.

No, with the geforce gtx 765m disabled, and the intel chip up on it;s own, the lines are gone, not there, lineless. With the card back up as primary, that is when the lines are present, and to the gentleman above, that was actually the first thing geeksquad and myself did, we disabled the card and went to the intel to see, and sure enough. And I think I even posted that in the first couple of pages. Only time the lines are there is when the card is active. I gotta say, that sounds like the gpu. When hooked to an external screen the lines are still there, but when the card is deactivated, and the intel chip as primary, once again, the lines are gone completely.

ROG Enthusiast Array

No, with the geforce gtx 765m disabled, and the intel chip up on it;s own, the lines are gone, not there, lineless. With the card back up as primary, that is when the lines are present, and to the gentleman above, that was actually the first thing geeksquad and myself did, we disabled the card and went to the intel to see, and sure enough. And I think I even posted that in the first couple of pages. Only time the lines are there is when the card is active. I gotta say, that sounds like the gpu. When hooked to an external screen the lines are still there, but when the card is deactivated, and the intel chip as primary, once again, the lines are gone completely.
    Ahh, this is actually good news Geiner. It's most definitely not a hardware problem, the screen sounds fine (and about the BestBuy version, I dunno if you saw the other post but its cheaper due to the lack of robust Asus 360 (1 0 2 24) Warranty package, One Year Accidental Damage Protection, free 2-way overnight shipping for warranty related services, and non-stop technical support, as well as 0 days Zero Bright Dot Guaranty LCD replacement, so I think the components are the same), and this issue of horizontal lines has been present even in desktop Nvidia cards in certain driver updates. The temporary solution for that was usually downgrading the driver a few versions back. Since this is a driver issue, it will definitely be sorted out. Did the VGA drivers on Asus site not help? If not try experimenting with different driver versions I guess. Anyway best of luck.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Okay, here is a temporary fix for the line issue. Go into the NVIDIA control panel, go to adjust desktop color settings, and raise your gamma to 1.55. You still cannot use the splendid utility. This should work for you til there is an actual fix for the issue.
    This line hide came about from ShwanPC, be sure and thank him, this should work for us while the Asus people come up with an actual fix for the issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Also if not happy with the dulled color due to the gamma increase, you can go increase the digital vibrance a bit, which you can do on the same part of the NVIDIA control panel.

Also if not happy with the dulled color due to the gamma increase, you can go increase the digital vibrance a bit, which you can do on the same part of the NVIDIA control panel.
    Also for you Skyrim guys, you can try one of the more vibrant ENBSeries until the issue is resolved by ASUS.

**** Note ****

Stable 320.49 released

**** Just kidding, it doesn't install ****
    Last edited by Shawnnepc; 07-01-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

New ROGer Array

Yeah those lines are still there even with the nvidia card off... I refunding mine anyways so I do not need to deal with this further. Maybe once they get the act together, I will consider it...

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast