cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VI Hero Cookie Cutter OC Settings

WeaponX
Level 7
I'm just wondering if anyone has a cookie cutter setting. I would do the trial and error thing but I'm a bit burnt out after having to deal with Gigabyte's Sniper 5 quirks. All I want is a starting point and I can take it from there.

Basically I know for sure that my 4770K can do 4.6ghz at 1.260v or possibly less with my 16gb Corsair Platinum 2400mhz RAM (XMP). What I'm searching for is a bios setting that can ramp up when it needs to (while gaming, etc) and come down when is doesn't (adaptive vcore, offset, etc etc) , run 24/7 stable all day long.

I've read the guide and it's just so much info to take in and all I want is basically which settings do I need to fiddle with and which setting is completely useless. As much as I appreciate it going into finer details of exactly what everything is, all I really wanted to know what which settings needs to be played with.

Currently I just did the CPU upgrade feature to 4.6ghz and it works but I think the vcore it's pushing out is a bit much is all (1.360v). So if anyone's already successfully obtained this goal, please share. I might even make a run for 4.7ghz who knows!
13 REPLIES 13

Raja
Level 13
Set CPU ratio to 46x, set Vcore to 1.26V and start from there. Don't change memory divider to 2400 yet. Don't use offset or Adaptive yet.

It's that easy to start. If not stable, need to tune Vcore first. That should get you some cookies.

Make sure your CPU cooler is up to the task also.

WeaponX
Level 7
Okay, I'll report back soon.

I have a custom built watercooling solution. At 1.36v it idles around 50c and highest loaded was around 80c. If I can land 4.7ghz with under 1.3v I will be the happiest camper ever.

Basically Optimize defaults first. Then just those two setting changes. AIDA 64 stress test for 20 mins and a quick run of 3D Mark.

Quick question, I know there's another thread but any reason why I can't get Ai Suite III to work?

Raja
Level 13
Yes that sounds about right. Just tune the Vcore for frequency for now. We'll get to the rest later. Praz tells me Handbrake encoding for 15 mins is a great way of testing Vcore requirements at a given OC.

Let me take a look at your other thread.

WeaponX
Level 7
Okay so I win for Gold and ran x47 with 1.265v, BSOD on first try. So I bumped up the vcore to 1.285 it's stable. Screenshot below

RAM is at default still, I'm just doing it step by step as instructed.

I know my stock VID is 0.996 if that's anything (people say that below 1.0v is good)

Raja
Level 13
Once you've run all the stability stuff you want to at that Vcore, add in the XMP profile and see what needs tuning.

Raja
Level 13
Any updates? Did the XMP profile hold with that CPU freq?

WeaponX
Level 7
yes, it actually did hold, but needed to increase the vcore to 1.285 for stability. I'm starting to suspect that my CPU is not 100% stable at 4.6ghz. I've been side tracked on my AiSuite3 issue that I've stayed up to 5am fixing last night. So now I'm back to overclocking. One thing I noticed was somehow I got my system to work the exact way I wanted it to through AiSuite where the frequency and voltages would adjust by itself (monitored through CPUID) BUT Windows Update wouldn't update so I had to reinstall Windows again...

Now, with all my updates and everything, I can't get the system to adjust frequency and voltage to adjust by itself. It'll stay locked into the OC I set it at now. So I'm on the search to see how I can achieve that adaptive and offset overclock again. I believe it's the right combination of Bios settings and AiSuite settings. Going to be a long weekend lol...

WeaponX wrote:
Now, with all my updates and everything, I can't get the system to adjust frequency and voltage to adjust by itself. It'll stay locked into the OC I set it at now.

Check that the Windows power plan is set to balanced and not high performance.

Wow, thanks, that did it, it's now exactly how I want it, SUPER THANKS man!