Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

3 out of 20? where is the AMD love

I am not hating on Intel motherboards but i seriously think that AMD love is missing from the selection the 3 current mobos are all crosshair mobos (iv formula, v formula, v formula-z). now that ASUS has announced the "A88XM-Pro FM2+" for APUs will there be a ROG mobo to help give selection to AMD lovers. personally gaming mobos to me are motherboards that help open up bottle necks of cpu/gpu/hdd/ssd/rj-45 etc... So gamers or overclockers can squeeze out every little performance out. i hate how i have to miss out on the ROG family love because i like AMD. the current AMD mobos are not receiving any of the cool stuff intel boards are getting, that isnt chipset dependent.

just some Features i like to see:

Extreme Engine Digi+ II/III (future thinking)

pure Digital Video w/ eyefinity support (DVI, Display Port, HDMI 1.4a DDC, TMDS, CEC, ARC, HEC) DVI to VGA adapter

Dual RJ45 Gigabit LAN ports w/ GameFirst II/III and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) aka Port Trunking.

2x mPCIe Combo + Dual-band Wi-Fi (b,g,n,ac) / Bluetooth 4.0 +SH +EDR -LE AND option for SSD boot

T-Topology memory that can take advantage of DDR4's point to point topology AND UMA/HUMA

LucidLogix Virtu MVP / CrossLinx 3 Technology (AMD APU/discrete GPU crossfire alternative booster)

9.1 Audio Support

ROG Xonar Phoebus / ThunderFX Built in or optional bundle

Red Line Shielding, EMI Protection Cover, ELNA Premium Audio Capacitors, 300-600 OHM Headphone Amplifier

Direct Audio to HDMI

Multiple form factors (ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX)

Raid 0/1/5/10/JBOD (minimal internal Sata ports)

to sum up i rather have minimum amount of sata ports, PCi(e) slots to increase performance to other parts like PCIe 3.0 (16x16x16) rather then a bunch of Sata / PCIe / PCI slots using lower speeds like x4 x8 that i probably wont use. so Micro ATX or Mini ITX mobos that have fewer slots, i would think that they would free up pipelines to boost other inputs.
    Last edited by floe304; 06-22-2013 at 06:12 PM.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Welcome to ROG .. Always a Pleasure to have another AMD Devotee with us.

ROG AMD .. 'we' are waiting ... patiently.c.

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Actually, I think ROG really should consider adding FM2 to it's line up...since the brand new A10 6800 is capable of clocks of 5GHZ and it can even handle 2133MHz RAM lol...though the little reading i've done on it so far, doesn't say anything about supporting DDR4...but I have more reading to do anyway

New ROGer Array

i just wish there was a more ROG AMD boards like the AM3+ series and FM2+ in ATX, micro ATX, mini ITX that would be 6 mobos. micro ATX and mini ITX is getting more and more popular too. people want small cases with full size PSUs and discrete GPU all in a smaller form factor.

would be nice if mPCIe SSD & Lan was on the northbridge.

where are all the AM3+ and FM2+ mobos like this?
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/7023/a...ula-and-impact
    Last edited by floe304; 06-22-2013 at 06:18 PM.

ROG Member Array

I am with all of you. We need some more AMD mobo's.
    Especially the MicroATX mobo's. I have been looking for a MicroATX for some time now for my Phenom II 1100T and the best ones we have to select from are still just using 880g or the the very few 890gx chipset MicroATX mobo's. All of which seem to be sold out or discontinued unless you get lucky on ebay which is a place I really do not want to purchase a mobo from. The pickings are very slim. It is like everyone stopped manufacturing them. I really do not want a 760 chipset mobo at this point.

It would be really nice if they made Tuf Series MicroATX mobo. Something like the Gryhpon Z87 but for AMD.
    Also add the Armor Feature to some the AMD mobo's. Why that feature is only on Intel boards and none of the AMD boards is beyond me. It would be nice to know why that is.

AMD needs some more love.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I too would be happy to see some AMD love, but it is all about economics. People buy products that they perceive to be the better performance products at certain price points. Now we all know that certain benchmarks are skewed hugely in favour or Intel, but, and this is a big but the ROG Realbench that Nodens developed is based on real world stuff. It is not purpose built code for the benchmarks, that application takes real world applications and integrates them within a wrapper. Now go have a look at the league table. AMD is brining up the rear. I wish it was not so but it is. Image rendering, medie encoding stuff like that which we do day in and day out on our systems are used in the Realbench.

So the point of the thing is this, until as such time that AMD has comparable or competitive products to those that Intel produce there will not be the market forces to warrant the huge R&D expenses. The cost of producing a ROG board is not the same as the cost of producing a channel board which simply follows the specification for the chipset. It costs heaps of money. It is about making a profit, about surviving in a ever harder market. Return of investment.

Even the software that we all thing should be easily translated to other platforms is not as simple, we are talking radically and in some cases diametrically opposite engineering directions between the two platforms, Intel and AMD. The software has to interact with the hardware, and as more and more of the control of the hardware is located on the CPU more and more specific work has to be done on each platform. The stuff is not even backward compatible with the last two generations of Intel product so how is it going to be ported to the AMD side.

I truly wish it was otherwise, I really do.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array KPRage PC Specs
    KPRage PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V Gene
    Processor3570k
    Memory (part number)Vengance 1866 8Gb Ram
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Graphics Card #2ASUS R9 280 DC2
    Graphics Card #3Radeon 5850 HD
    MonitorASUS VZ27AQ
    Storage #1Samsun EVO 850 Pro
    Storage #23 1TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerH80
    CaseMerc Alpha
    Power SupplyTX 650 80 plus Gold
    OS Win 7/ Win 8.1/ Win 10

Seriously guys, I am a huge AMD fan.. My first two builds were AMDs..

However, looking at the quality and, the way AMD is headed, I feel ignored on the desktop end.. This includes graphics cards too!! Their main focus seems to be more server and, embedded/ mobile oriented (I may be wrong here though, hopefully )..

However, ROG can still give the awesome features that some of the Intel boards enjoy.. So, plus one for the post dude..

HVM sir, really enjoy the words of wisdom.. However, we both know that the scores to get higher do have custom settings and, may not reflect an ACTUAL REAL world application!!

I do understand the custom settings may apply to both Intel and, AMD users.. However, what I mean to say is, it would be a fair comparison if the bench is run in actual win7 settings without any optimizations done.. What says?

Cheers,
    KP
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    I too would be happy to see some AMD love, but it is all about economics. People buy products that they perceive to be the better performance products at certain price points. Now we all know that certain benchmarks are skewed hugely in favour or Intel, but, and this is a big but the ROG Realbench that Nodens developed is based on real world stuff. It is not purpose built code for the benchmarks, that application takes real world applications and integrates them within a wrapper. Now go have a look at the league table. AMD is brining up the rear. I wish it was not so but it is. Image rendering, medie encoding stuff like that which we do day in and day out on our systems are used in the Realbench.

So the point of the thing is this, until as such time that AMD has comparable or competitive products to those that Intel produce there will not be the market forces to warrant the huge R&D expenses. The cost of producing a ROG board is not the same as the cost of producing a channel board which simply follows the specification for the chipset. It costs heaps of money. It is about making a profit, about surviving in a ever harder market. Return of investment.

Even the software that we all thing should be easily translated to other platforms is not as simple, we are talking radically and in some cases diametrically opposite engineering directions between the two platforms, Intel and AMD. The software has to interact with the hardware, and as more and more of the control of the hardware is located on the CPU more and more specific work has to be done on each platform. The stuff is not even backward compatible with the last two generations of Intel product so how is it going to be ported to the AMD side.

I truly wish it was otherwise, I really do.
    ++HiViz .. Very, very well stated and reasoned. Much respect for both.
    I must upon this and nodens efforts of overwhelming evidence sadly concur and officially quit defending 'them' until
    such time they prevail, which I still have great hope and confidence they will do.

~sigh~ as so eloquently stated by our Viz .. I truly wish it was otherwise, I really do. c.

also + to Nodens .. ROG RealBench is really cool.c.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    also + to Nodens .. ROG RealBench is really cool.c.[/COLOR]
    Where's your entry, my friend? Looking foward to putting your name on our league standings!

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Where's your entry, my friend? Looking foward to putting your name on our league standings!
    Sorry bro .. "Not I", said the wolf.c.

edit:
    i guess i should clarify this.
    To some what is mine may not be much but it is all i have and claim for
    myself. (all else goes and is for my family)
    Although there may be little risk to my hardware in this, I just cant risk
    even an outside possibility of it because that would render me ROGless ..
    and well goodSir to be frank i have had to give up so much of myself
    through these years (my health 'robbed' me of my monster status, to a point .. ie)
    this last one i will not surrender.
    if this seems pety, i am sorry .. but then we had not met 20yrs ago ..
    and may never have had if not for this wonderful place called ROG.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 06-27-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast