cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulcan ANC Oh no what do I do???

GodFear
Level 7
Ok well I've had the V-ANC's for a few months, I think they are one of the most comfortable and quality sounding headsets out there for the money.

The problem I'm having is with the ear pads (i guess that's what they are called?) and they seem to be coming apart. Is there replacement pads? My wife and I both have the same headset and her's hasn't done it yet but her's are maybe 2 months younger than mine...

What do I do? I've attached some pictures for your eye candy viewing pleasure, or displeasure whichever the case maybe. Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Since I took the pictures a few days ago, they have since tore apart more. It won't be but a week or two and i won't be able to use them anymore! Ideas please!

18 REPLIES 18

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If I were you I would take/send them back to where you bought them.... they are under guarantee still....

GodFear
Level 7
Is there not replacement ear pads?

KillaDoG
Level 7
Same thing has happened to mine accept on both sides, love this head set just need to know where i can get me some replacement ear pads ??????

spoke to asus about my vulcan and there is no repair for anything out of warranty they wont even repair if i pay,wow fill our planet with more garbage , this is something to remember when buying any asus product.

thagor2010
Level 7
this just happened to mine as well. i just got of the phone with ASUS. yes it is under WARRANTY. but since the headset is working fine there is nothing they can do for me.
so in other words. NO WARRANTY ON HEADSETS FROM ASUS.

i have the Vulcan Pro

Sobca
Level 7
I just cross the same thing. The waaranty is only for repairing cable, soundcard or microphone...
So now i can throw my 1.5 yo headphone out. OMG

thagor2010
Level 7
normal wear and tear is not covert under the warranty. that's right. this is a manufacturer defect and so it should be covert. Pads coming apart with around 300 to 400 hours of use. that's unacceptable.

if you could at least get replacement pads this would have been one of the best headsets i have ever owned. but guess what ?

not available

Mineria
Level 7
GodFear wrote:
I think they are one of the most comfortable and quality sounding headsets out there for the money.

Just got these cans today, I must be doing something wrong, cause they sound really bad when I play music trough them, like missing out half of the sound image of my own songs etc.

Do I need to use ACN (battery) to make them sound right?
Do they need headphone amplification turned up?

arkejn
Level 7
ACN is only noise cancelling, it won't affect playing sound as much, only help to cut off from environment's noises 🙂 Have you got Pro version with usb soundcard? if no, probably your problem is with a soundcard on your pc/notebok
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU
: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE / A10 7700K MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / ASUS Crossblade Ranger
COOLING: Coolermaster V8 PSU: Chieftec 80P 600W / Corsair RM850
RAM: Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB DISK: Seagate 1TB, WD Green Caviar 1,5TB
CASE: Cooler Master Elite 330 / Corsair Carbide SPEC02 VIDEO: Asus GTX460 1GB DCU/TOP

G56JR