cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 high temperature issue

Martoune
Level 7
Hi everyone!

I'm starting this new thread because I have noticed that my GPU temp was getting really high when playing and I can't figure why.

Notebook: G75vw
OS Windows 7 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 3610QM
GPU: GTX 670m

Room temperature: around 26° C
Idle
GPU 45 - 50 °C
CPU 40 - 45 °C
Full Load
GPU 80 - 90 °C
CPU 70 °C

I tried to run a FurMark test (1920x1080) and realized that the GPU temp reached 90 °C in around 30 seconds and kept getting higher so i immediately stopped the test.
I suspect a fan problem but I can't get a read of both fans rpm. SpeedFan is able to read the CPU fan (2000 rpm idle and 2600 rpm on full load) but it's the GPU temp that worries me.

Notes:
- I cleaned the 2 fans filters before running these tests.
- WHiNFO does not gives me a read of any fan speed
- I use the notebook on my desk (15 cm from the wall so the air can flow)
- I updated the bios to latest (223 version) using Asus WinFlash Utility
- The GPU is not overclocked

Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me.
3 REPLIES 3

ValleyOfShadows
Level 7
I think your laptop is fine. Did that happen gradually? Or has it been that way since purchase?

To be honest I've never really checked the temps before.
I own this laptop since October 2012 but I've started worrying only recently because summer just started to kick in (I live in France).

I managed to get a read on GPU fan rpm too (for some reason the monitoring of fan speed was disabled in WHiNFO)
The result for the GPU fan is 2000-2200 rpm on idle and around 3600-3800 rpm on full load which appear to be perfectly fine.

The reason why i'm worried is because on almost every forum i looked, the GPU temp announced on full load was 80°C while mine sometime goes above 90°C

Martoune
Level 7
Problem Solved!

I repasted the heat sink on the gpu with some Arctic MX-4 yesterday.
Now i'm reading a 70°C max for a 3 hours long gaming session.