cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Formula Sound Problems

differential
Level 7
Hi all, been awhile but life is crazy at the mo and i have been meaning to ask,
Does anyone else have REALLY crap sound with this mother board?
Sounds terrible through head phones (i/o end and front panel jack) but not bad through monitor speakers.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
-Diff
9 REPLIES 9

Rampage_Freak
Level 7
Ok this happened with my rampage 4 extreme. ( currently using) Check that your drivers are up to date. Check if the sound chip is malfunctioning ( faulty) If this sound chip is broken then you really only have two options. Either RMA the board if you still got reciepts or you should purchase a new sound card. PM me if you have any questions. See if your headphone jack is faulty or broken. Just to be sure double check using another pair of cheap ones to make sure that the sound chip is not broken. ( ps. im an aussie too!) cheers mate.

Rampage_Freak
Level 7
You should also check if your headphone jacks are faulty or broken as that my be your case. Try another set of headphones just to be sure its not the sound chip.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Can we please keep all discussions about fixes and issues to the open forum so that all members and all the folks who use search engines to find solutions can benefit please. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Rampage_Freak
Level 7
Sure! lol.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well, it might be your realtek chip is on the way out, or drivers, or interference from something. Use something like Driver Fusion, in safe mode, to uninstall any current driver..and install the latest. When mine died there was a hiss for a while over the sound and then only hiss. If you have HDMI or DP cable you will be able to get sound via monitor....if you buy a discrete soundcard that will work too of course....maybe unplug all peripherals to eliminate some interference...

thanks all after testing a few things its come down to my front headphone jack, ill have a play and see how i go, feel real noobish now, but thanks again

-Diff

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
How are you connecting the front jack to the board....with a HD connection or AC97 and is the correct one selected in BIOS...Advanced tab, Onboard devices config....front panel type

differential
Level 7
ooo not sure il have a look tonight,cheers

tracker64
Level 7
you might also want to play with the software app for the sound controller, as it also controls how the front panels act, make sure your FPAUDIO connector is on the correct pins, and select AC97 in bios for the audio controller...
MB : Rampage IV Extreme - BIOS 3602
CPU : i7 3930K C2 @ 4500 MHz offset -0,020V
RAM : G.SKILL RIPJAWS 64GB @ 2133 MHz F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZ
Disks : Corsair Force GS SSD
GFX : ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II OC
PSU : Corsair AX1200i
Cooler\Case : Corsair H110, CM HAF932 Blue Edition
Keyboard\Mouse : Microsoft MX5500
DVD Burner : Samsung DVD-RWDL