cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH Will Not Boot From CD

retrsocycick
Level 7
I am having a very strange issue. This problem started when i was trying to boot my computer into safe mode. It would not boot into safe mode. I needed to resolve a software issue with my graphics card and needed to boot to safe mode. So i figured it was about time to reformat any way. This is the problem, i have the recovery cd and it loads all the files shows the windows logo and then black screen. Same with the windows cd. I have removed my OS hard drive and tested it with another computer and its working fine. I have removed the ram and tried one stick at a time same issue. I even tried to trick the laptop by loading the Windows 7 with another PC as a last resort and windows logo then BSOD. I have also reinstalled the bios. The thing that's strange is that it was doing all of this (same Issue) while it would boot into regular mode. I was able to run software and play Planet side 2 do what ever i needed to do but would not boot into safe mode, or boot from CD, recovery, repair, or any thing. I erased the hard drive with another computer thinking it was a software issue and now it seems that i am screwed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thnx.
3 REPLIES 3

kb0sdq
Level 10
All I can suggest is to get into the bios, by holding the del key when machine boots and make sure the option is selected to boot from cd. Good luck with it.
Happy ROG_n

Doug

Pitcher1
Level 9
if you press esc, is it into boot manual? if yes, select cd-rom. if same problem, could you try other boot cd.

I figured out the problem i had a failed graphics card so i replaced it, the card that i put in was not the rite card. As soon as i put in the asus 5870m it booted straight in from cd then everything shut down and will not power up and the lap top will now be buried in the junk heap with all my other failed electronics. Question can i sell it for parts?? Should i just sell it all together or piece by piece??