Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Array

ive managed to replicate and solve it by setting clock crossing voltages 1.25v as follows
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s4kw.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	24211
    try this
    Last edited by HiVizMan; 07-30-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Thanks Shammy

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    ive managed to replicate and solve it by setting clock crossing voltages 1.25v as follows
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/s4kw.jpg/
    try this
    Ever since I changed the crossing voltages, I haven't experienced a single occurrence of poor performance. It really works. Thank you Shamino, you are super awesome. And thanks to you all, whoever replied to my thread: Your attention helps too,

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Dave6479's Avatar

Hey glad it's working now, as for me looks like I wouldn't have been much help anyway. After slaving through hundreds of cables and finally getting it all connected switched it to find it won't boot but I think it's because I took a chance with my previous memory. Oh the joys, let the fun begin! Ha.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array tObber's Avatar

Having the same issue running Evga Gtx 780 ACX SLI. Everything works great when using PCI-E slot 1 & 3 ( through PLX chip )

However when using slots 1 & 2B (Native performance) I do get bad performance (choppy framerates, reboots ect.) Did try to manually set "clockcrossing voltages" as posted above without any luck.

My questions is if this is hardware related issue, or will ASUS fix this in upcoming UEFI/BIOS updates?

/Regards

New ROGer Array

For the record, this didn't work for me either. Didn't work with 1.5v as Shamino initially mentioned, didn't work with 1.25v, both the June BIOS and 0031, or any Gen presets as long as PCIE 3.0 was enabled. It's definitely the problem described in the thread though -- cross voltage settingsjust isn't really the fix for PCIE 3.0 for everyone apparently.

EVGA cards here as well. Moving out of B2 works. I also tried removing my sound card from x4, but unrelated. Tried all the usual; diff RAM slots, diff timings/clocks, etc.

So for now I'm just keeping it in PCIE 2.0 and I put them back in 1 & 3.
    Last edited by FreedCandy; 07-17-2013 at 06:09 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array tObber's Avatar

Just an update:

Running 3DMark & and 3DMark 11 does not result in bad performance (choppy framerates, reboots ect.) ,when using slots 1 & 2B.

Running any other application such as: Unigine Heaven4.0, Unigine Valley1.0 , or any other games does result in bad performance as stated before.

I've run out of ideas, this is really weird.....

ROG Member Array

I'm having the exact same problems as the OP. I'm running 2x GTX780HydroCoppers in SLI with terrible performance running in the recommended PCIe slots 1 and 2b. Motherboard will usually boot to windows about every 7 out of 10 but when it doesn't I get the 1 long beep followed by 3 beeps error (VGA).

If I can get into Windows (8 x64), games were running fine till severe audio breakup and eventual lockup of the PC needing a hard reboot. Display lock ups would occur out of game and just using a browser (openGL most likely). I implemented Shamino's recommendation on voltage and it has helped to minimize the lock ups and now the reboots fail 1 out of every 10.

I'm running WC set up for the cards so temps are not even a prob. 1200w PSU isn't the issue as I was running tri-SLI 580s before on the same PSU rock solid.

This issue HAS to be resolved by ASUS. There is something obviously not right with the PCIe 2b slot for SLI rigs. I can't imagine this did not come up in testing.
    Last edited by Septro; 07-30-2013 at 01:31 AM.

I got this board for almost 3 weeks. The problem occur as mentioned by everyone having the issue in this thread on the 1st day.I try to get my Asus GTX 780 SLI running. Try with Win 7 64 bit and Win 8 Pro 64 bit clean install with updates and without updates. Every single nvidia driver from 314.22 WHQL till 326.29 Beta. Every single Maximus VI Extreme BIOS 0711,0605,0503,0035,0021,0017,0013. Follow the method setting crossing vboot, clock crossing reset and clock crossing voltage all to 1.55v and 1.25v. Replace SLI bridge. Change power supply from 850W to 1200W. Did all memtest single stick placed slot furthest from CPU no issue for 6 hours. I got billions of Nvlddmkm event id14 error pop in my Windows Event Viewer.

All my setting is stock and non overclock. Wasted 3 weeks trying to figure how to get this SLI setup to work really got me frustrated. Guess i will start RMAing my board till ASUS come out with a better board revision since there's isn't any solution available at the moment for the past 3 weeks in this thread.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Can you confirm that you have tried what Shammi has suggested?
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast