Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: sonic radar

Banned Array

I believe now you know why i am so angry.
    I have to change sample rate everytime i connect to server,after every game.
    Last edited by AVtemp; 10-09-2013 at 10:42 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    With headset, 5.1 speaker setup or both?
    I did some additional testing and may have figured it out. AVtemp will have to confirm whether it also applies to his situation.

I've found two working options in BF4 for Headphones or Stereo Speakers to function as intended with directional sound.

1) ROG Xonar Phoebus UI settings:
    Speakers -> Stereo or Headphone (no other options enabled anywhere)

BF4 Audio settings:
    Speaker Type -> Any option you prefer
    Speaker Configuration -> Stereo

2) ROG Xonar Phoebus UI settings:
    Headphones -> Enable Xear Surround

BF4 Audio settings:
    Speaker Type -> Any option you prefer
    Speaker Configuration -> Surround

Where it goes wrong and creates a right speaker volume bias:
    set BF4 Speaker Configuration to Surround and use a Stereo (2 speaker) listening device.

I'm unable to confirm if this also applies to multi-channel speaker setups. I don't use 5.1 or 7.1 systems.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

set BF4 Speaker Configuration to Surround and use a Stereo (2 speaker) listening device.

Just for you this question - is this even a "valid" setup as per BF4/BF3 audio? I don't know off the top of my head, but you might.

Quote Originally Posted by AVtemp View Post
    I believe now you know why i am so angry.
    I have to change sample rate everytime i connect to server,after every game.
    Let me make this perfectly clear to you. No matter how angry you are, if there is one more personal attack (on me or anyone else), you will be perma-banned. I've given you two vacations, third strike is out for good.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Just for you this question - is this even a "valid" setup as per BF4/BF3 audio? I don't know off the top of my head, but you might.
    Personally, I wouldn't use such a setting. In my opinion it only makes sense if you're going to redirect that sound to some form of surround simulation (XEAR Surround) or use 5.1/7.1 devices.

Users with stereo devices who dislike XEAR Surround, can set the BF4 Speaker Configuration to Stereo. From what I've tested the game itself will then simulate 3D directional sound.

The disagreement may stem from people who have owned other sound cards. For instance with my X-Fi Titanium HD, there's no right speaker volume bias regardless of game settings.

Banned Array

Let me make this perfectly clear to you. No matter how angry you are, if there is one more personal attack (on me or anyone else), you will be perma-banned. I've given you two vacations, third strike is out for good.
    Chill out,it`s not "Me vs You".
    And i`m ready to be banned if it will help to solve problems with this product.

About BF4.
    With latest patch from Dice i can see that i should set Speaker Configuration to Surround only if i have surround headset or multispeaker system.So i was wrong,i have to admit it.I have 2.0 headphones so i need to set Speaker Configuration to Stereo.
    But i tried "Speaker Configuration to Surround" with Creative Audigy4, Onboard sound, Emu 0404 without any bugs.

As for BF3.
    Ingame i have only 2 settings:
    Speaker system=Headphones
    Enhanced stereo=OFF
    And i get this bug,i tried every single ingame audio setting with the same result.
    I HAVE THIS BUG.
    I`ve created this thread 03-13-2013 08:38 PM
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...HUGE-SOUND-BUG
    were i described this problem.
    It`s funny but at that time "CX-RAY" had no problems with sound,but lately he got it in Windows 8.
    But another user "KILLA" had the same bug(look at that thread).

So i have to repeat my questions:

CAN YOU/ASUS REPRODUCE THIS BUG (at least in BF3 )?
    HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT TO SOLVE IT?
    I`m already have been waited for 9 month.
    Nobody tried to contact me to get additional info.
    WHY?
    Last edited by AVtemp; 10-11-2013 at 02:36 AM.

If it's not "me vs you" don't make personal remarks about someone - remember that next time you are feeling angry.

As for your questions on who, what or why, take them up with your local support department. I am not obliged to cover support issues of other regions, especially so when someone has a penchant for making crude comments.

You are out of credit for tolerance, so think about any post you make from here on in.

Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't use such a setting. In my opinion it only makes sense if you're going to redirect that sound to some form of surround simulation (XEAR Surround) or use 5.1/7.1 devices.

Users with stereo devices who dislike XEAR Surround, can set the BF4 Speaker Configuration to Stereo. From what I've tested the game itself will then simulate 3D directional sound.

The disagreement may stem from people who have owned other sound cards. For instance with my X-Fi Titanium HD, there's no right speaker volume bias regardless of game settings.

I did think that myself. Testing a new beta driver here which is working well for me so far on BF4. Don't have an ETA on public release yet.

Banned Array

This or any other driver has not been produced by any local support.
    They don`t make any drivers.
    People in Germany have the same Phoebus driver as in USA or in UK or anywere.
    And i don`t understand why are you keep repeating the same about local support.
    It`s obviously that you`re in touch with those guys who developed this driver or you can contact them.
    You posted news about drivers and how contact the Xonar team.
    And i sent them bugreports,but there is no ANY result.
    There is no communication between ASUS and customers.
    Can`t you see it?
    Just few words from them would be enough.
    Now what is the point to send bugreports if nothing is fixed?
    I don`t expect you to make driver,i don`t expect you to test it.
    I`m expect ASUS to do their job.
    Just look at all those posts from dissapointed customers.
    Do not ignore them.
    Tell that to your HQ.
    P.S. I`ve got no answer to any of my questions now or in the past on this forum.
    Just silence.
    It`s sad.

You wont get any support answers here as you have no support reps from your region on the forum. You can either keep posting here in circles (and my response will be the same to you every time), or keep contacting your local department. Either way that's your call - everything i said above about post nature withstanding.

-Raja

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast