cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer Sizzler - time to get hot, real hot.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Summer Sizzler

Well folks summer is nearly upon us here in the Northern Hemisphere. And what that means is time to break out the barbeque and have a good time. Or, we could cook up some really mean benchmarks to run in the heat. I like that last idea better.

So let’s introduce to you all the benchmarks for this latest challenge here on ROG.

Top of the list is our very own ROG Realbench. The only version allowed for the challenge is the version that will be available for download here in the challenge thread.
Next on the agenda is FireStrike – this is a new benchmark from the same guys who developed out third bench 3DMark06.
The last benchmark on the list is CineBench R11.5.

The Sizzling fun starts right now and ends Monday morning the 29th July.

Right are you ready for the rules? I hope so because here they are.

1. Submissions must satisfy the HWBot rules for submission
2. ROG Realbench must have 3 CPUz tabs open - CPU, Motherboard and memory tabs must be shown
3. Only ASUS motherboards may be used
4. Any make of graphic card may be used. Single card only.
5. X79 X or K processors are capped at 4.7 GHz
6. Hasewell processors are capped at 4.9 GHz
7. Ivybridge processors are capped at 5GHz
8. Sandybridge processors are capped at 5.1GHz
9. Any CPU with only 4 cores including HT may have an additional 100MHz CPU speed - 3570K for example.
10. And LGA 2011 CPU with only 4 cores may have an additional 200MHz CPU speed - 3820 for example.
11. AMD processors are uncapped and have no speed restrictions.
12. Above ambient cooling for CPU and graphic cards only.
13. Single graphic card submissions only.
14. Photo must accompany your first submission and any subsequent submissions made with different hardware.
15. Each submission must have the official Summer Sizzler back ground which was once again produced by our very own Chris.
16. The same hardware must be used for all four benchmarks.

LINK

Scoring for each benchmark.
1 20
2 18
3 17
4 16
5 15
6 14
7 13
8 12
9 11
10 10
< 10 5

Bonus Points
5 Bonus Points per week for each of first four weeks cut off is 9am Monday mornings GMT. It is therefore possible for someone to score a perfect 100.
Just to recap, the point of the challenge is to have fun. If a result is too good to be true then it most probably is. We bench because we enjoy it, we bench for fun. When benching is no longer fun then stop.

Download the benchmark here

Use only this version of Realbench

http://rog.asus.com/file/RealBench_v1.1.rar

ROG Realbench well you know where to get it. Look up.

Check out the Realbench league table too.

RULE CHANGE - see Benchmarks no longer Firestrike Extreme.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
757 REPLIES 757

HiVizMan
Level 40
The provisional league table

We are into the last week now guys - time to bring out your top game
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Menthol
Level 14
VizMan,
Thanks once again for putting these together for us, bring your own meat to the BBQ

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Thanks HiVizMan for keeping us benching the fun way....and chrs for the art work. And my CPU sends a special thanks for the 4.7 cap....with the heat arriving here in earnest I was afraid it would be sizzle and pop!

Same OS for these or is it a windows smorgasbord?

Dartmaul
Level 12
HiVizMan wrote:

5. X79 processors are capped at 4.7 GHz
8. Sandybridge processors are capped at 5.1GHz

A little wine post if you allow me:
X79 CPUs are expected to be 6core samples for sure so....
Would you guys let to the poor creatures (3820 owners (me)) to play within SB CPUs freq restriction?
/wine off

PS Single card means single GPU?

samual
Level 11
Getting haswell to run at 4.9 on ROG Realbench is a huge challenge. But I'll give it my best shot.
x99-pro/3.1 | i7-5820k | 16gb gskils 3000 | Nvidia gtx 980 ti | 512gb SM950 Pro | Predator 360 AIO | ASUS PA248Q | Seasonic Platnium 1000w

Menthol
Level 14
Dartmaul,
9. Any CPU with only 4 cores including HT may have an additional 100MHz CPU speed - 3570K for example.
I believe you at least get 4.8, I have no complaints if it's more.
Your second question, single card = single or dual GPU needs clarification for sure
I won't be able to make first week submission as my gear will be in transport to a new location, second and 3rd week, I need a new GPU

Menthol wrote:
Dartmaul,
I believe you at least get 4.8, I have no complaints if it's more.

Menthol
This 9th paragraph probably means not cores but threads. 3570K is i5 and has no HT. That means 4c/4t.
It's only about compensation HyperTreading impact.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Dartmaul and Menthol I will amend rules to answer both questions. But to give an answer here too, 4 Core X79 a frequency increase is acceptable but no quad channel memory - and single card submissions only with above ambient cooling. So no Dry Ice or Chilled water and certainly no LN2.

On that note - if you guys would like a on-going running leader board with a few select benchmarks in the anything goes category I would be willing to go that route for a bit of fun. I do think the current Futuremark threads sort of cover those bases anyhow.

HiVizMan wrote:
4 Core X79 a frequency increase is acceptable but no quad channel memory

So if I'd like to run the CPU at 4.9 I have to use dual channel?
And single card means single card, I guess...
Do you guys have any GTX690/HD7990?)