Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Beginner's Guide To HWBot

Chino
Level 15
A Beginner's Guide To HWBot

PART 1: Signing up at HWBot

[/HR]
1. Click the Register button to create your account.

2. Fill out the form with your personal information.

3. Click the drop down box for Join Team and look for ROG Supreme OC.

4. Click the Register Account button at the bottom.

5. The page will reload and ask you for a password to join the team.

6. Click the Register Account button again and you're done.

PART 2: Preparations for benchmarks

[/HR]
1. Download and install CPU-Z.

2. Download and install GPU-Z.

3. Open your computer and take a photo of your system. Make sure you can clearly see the motherboard, RAM and GPU. 2 or 3 will do. Be creative.

PART 3: Exploring HWBot

[/HR]
1. Click the Benchmark button to see the different categories.

2. Click the category to see the available benchmarks. For this example, I will choose the Processor category.

3. Click the download button to get the installation file of the benchmark you want to run.

4. Click the rules button to read the rules for each benchmark.

5. Pay special attention to the Verification screenshot requirements and may sure all of those requirements are met when you take your final screenshot. If they’re not met, your result will be reported and possibly deleted. And all your hard work will have gone to waste.

Click Example screenshot to see what should be opened. The windows in red are obligatory. The green ones are optional.

PART 4: Running your first benchmark

[/HR]
1. For this example, we’ll run SuperPi 1M.

2. Setting up for the screenshot.

PART 5: Uploading your first benchmark

[/HR]
1. Click the Submit button.

2. Look for your benchmark category and click the submit button.

3. Fill out the form.

4. Since this is your first submission, you’ll choose the Enter hardware manually option. Fill out all your hardware specs.

5. Upload the screenshot of your benchmark and the photos of your system. You do not need to enter a compare url unless you made the top 20. Or unless other benchmarks require you specifically to do so.

6. Tick the I have read blabla and click Submit benchmark result.
6 REPLIES 6

twisted1
Level 12
Great Guide! And a very good idea, it can be quite confusing over at hwbot at first 🙂

Zka17
Level 16
Thanks, mate! I think we should have started with a guide like this... - reped you!

Detleg
Level 12
what Zka said +1
i learned it the hard way, also if you make a mistake like me, you can edit your result top right corner and correct it, for example, you submit a score ran with 1 Gpu but actually you have 2 you can change it.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Very nice Chino
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Henkenator68NL
Level 13
Nice Chino! +1

meankeys
Level 13
Thank You - Chino