cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero Time Clock Problem

Wazooda
Level 7
Hey all,

New build. Hero VI i74770k with Windows 8. Problem is system is not keeping the correct time. In fact, sometimes after doing an Internet time sync, the clock within an hour will go back to an earlier time.

Trying to troubleshoot, I noticed in BIOS that the clock is static (ie not live updating like I've seen in other bioses) and does NOT reflect the new time I update in the OS.... most of the time.

So.... First question. Should the time be live updating in BIOS? If not, then what could this be?

Bad battery even though new motherboard?

Thanks for any help
170 REPLIES 170

powruser
Level 7
I heard someone else say they had the same problem and had to remove and put back the battery and that fixed it. I just built my Maximus VI Hero rig today, I'll check to see if I'm experiencing the same issue.

powruser
Level 7
My motherboard seems to be functioning properly. No issues with static clock in UEFI.

powruser wrote:
My motherboard seems to be functioning properly. No issues with static clock in UEFI.

Thanks for checking.

Just to clarify: are you saying your clock IS or IS NOT static in UEFI?

Thanks!

powruser
Level 7
It is ticking along fine in the UEFI. Working normally.

I removed the battery and then re-seated it and now the clock in UEFI is actually moving!

Hopefully that was the problem and Windows will now keep the correct time.

Thanks for the help!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Well done here guys. Nice fix.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

powruser
Level 7
Glad to see u got it working! Cheers!

Wazooda
Level 7
Confirmed - Problem SOLVED! 🙂

Woohoo!

Modulus
Level 7
I'm having the exact same problem as described by Wazooda. With Windows occasionally not keeping the correct time, and the BIOS clock not ticking/updating.

I pulled the CMOS battery and that fixed it once, but then the problem came back and again the BIOS clock as not moving.

EDIT: Oh and same motherboard, CPU, and OS as Wazooda