cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.25" bay res/pump in carbide air 540

phoenix132
Level 7
Hi, I was planning on doing a watercooled build in the corsair carbide air 540 case and I was wonderin if there would be any problems with mounting a bay res into the sideways 5.25 bays on the right side of the case?

there appears to be enough room for pipes to go through the cable gromets but I wouldn't mind a second opinion from you guys, thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

IcezX2K
Level 7
lol, I was thinking the same thing! was looking yesterday to see if I could find any that worked in a vertical stance. Just got my Carbide yesterday and cant wait to start... Have yet to decide if I'm doing custom loop or just going with the H220.

kkn
Level 14
the bay mounted res is made for using in the front of where you have the DVD-rom for example, but if you want to try it go a head.
i have not seen enny one here that have done it in the HDD tray so.

phoenix132
Level 7
thanks for the advice when I get it I'll buy a stand alone reservior to use if the bay res won't work.

p.s. the H220 seems to be a pretty good way to start a full watercooling loop but if you see something better it might be easier to use a decent res.

IcezX2K
Level 7
If it does work I want pics!! 🙂

I think it will depend on were the exit port is. Seems that most of them are centered so only half of the reservoir would be effective.
If you find one with the exit on the side then you could just flip it so it ends up on the bottom. Again your entry point would have to be on the opposite side for this to work. Make sure you play with this thing out of your PC box to start 🙂

IcezX2K wrote:
If it does work I want pics!! 🙂

I think it will depend on were the exit port is. Seems that most of them are centered so only half of the reservoir would be effective.
If you find one with the exit on the side then you could just flip it so it ends up on the bottom. Again your entry point would have to be on the opposite side for this to work. Make sure you play with this thing out of your PC box to start 🙂

THanks for the advice but I've decided against using the 540 due to it's lack of 3.5" HDD mounting points and the price, I've down graded a little and decided to go with the obsidian 350D. BY the looks of it though as long as the punp is at the lowest part (to prevent it from running dry) it would be fine as long as the tubing can bend a fair bit.