cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help needed] Maximus VI Extreme - PLX temprature

larserik
Level 7
Hello,

I built a new system just a few days ago. Asus Maximus VI Extreme with i7 4770k. The system is running great with temepratures on GPU and Motherboard showing 38 and 32 degrees celsius. The PLX temperature however rises to around 60 degrees within
30 min or so. I have my GPU(Asus GeForce GTX770) in PCI-E slot 2, since it won't fit in PCI-E slot 1 due to CPU-cooler(Noctua NH-U14S).

Been browsing around to try and find a answer, and I understand it has something to do with what PCI-E slots that are used.

This worries me alot, and I hope you are able to point me in direction of what needs to be done.
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
The PLX becomes active when the secondary slots are used. It's a multiplexer.

That's a normal operating temp - 60C is not hot. Don't fret, nothing needs to be done.

larserik
Level 7
Puh, thank you so much. It's up to 65 now when I play games. Since the threshold by default is set to 60, I had to ask. At what temp should I start to worry, and should I set the threshold higher?

Shamino
thermal shutdown will occur automatically when it hits 110c and that has been tested to be a good saving point for the chipset and mobo so just let the rig run as it is

larserik
Level 7
Thank you both so much for your time answering me. Have a great day 🙂