cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image not displaying

TrippyPortal
Level 7
This is my first build. I have a rampage iv formula, intel 3820, GeiL Evo Veloce 16 Gb kit (2133Mhz), evga gtx 770 SC and OCZ ZX Series 12500 W power supply. When booting for the first time everything turned on and the fans were all running except nothing was displaying on the screen, after moving the graphics card to other PCIe slots there was no change. Eventually I changed my RAM configuration to the way it was supposed to be set up as per the motherboard manual (as in one in B1 and one in D1). I had been getting error codes before but I did not realize they were error codes (the codes on the LED). It read B5. Also after swapping some things around with the RAM it read 54 but then I swapped it back. If anyone had any advice on how to fix it, that would be really great because I've spent a lot of money on this build and I'm really annoyed that its not working. Thank you 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
Welcome to the Asus ROG forums.

What type of display cable are you using? If it is DVI, is it DVI-I, DVI-A, e.g. what is the letter after the dash? Or is it the one that came with the monitor? Did you try the OTHER DVI receptacle in your video card? What PCIe slot is your card plugged into (it shouldn't matter)? Did you plug in your monitor's power cable? What happens when you push the monitor power button? What's the monitor? Did you check the mobo PCI switches to make sure your slot isn't turned off?
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would suggest that you check each and every power connector on your system to ensure that you have them all populated. Pay attention to the graphic card itself, I often find a connector will slide out quite easily if not firmly latched.

Also a good idea to change where you connect your cable to the card. With some cards I have to use a particular DVI port for a single monitor.

And doing a clear CMOS would not be a bad thing either.

Welcome to the forum TrippP
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.